“Italian delight”

Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Chingford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

My STBW and I spent a lovely dinner at La Baita, definitely a place to recommend and try again.

We had a starter and a main each, and shared a pasta dish and a bottle of wine.

Avocado crabs and prawns: fresh, tasty, well made, ****
Garlic bread: served in the common pizza format (as opposed to sliced bread), very tasty and not too oily; perhaps just a tad short of salt ****
Spaghetti carbonara: one of the best I've ever had. Creamy eggs, plenty of pancetta, pasta perfectly cooked *****
Chilly lamb (can't remember the name on the menu): tender, juicy *****
Saltimbocca alla romana: very well cooked and not too salty (easy to exceed as Parma Ham is already salty); the veal was very juicy *****
Wine, house rosè: just perfect *****

In addition I had a slice of Millefoglie cake - just a little too soft but the custard was so good - and an espresso. A shot of limoncello each was offered.

Despite the feast, perhaps the best part of this place is the service: all waiters help in the service, are permanently smiling, and line up to say goodbye and shake hands to every guest as they leave the place: just a great atmosphere.

4  Thank FabWithSmile

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch and glass of wine at La Baita. Friendly, welcoming staff who were extremely attentive and courteous. Will definitely visit again soon!

1  Thank May5678
Reviewed 13 September 2016

As a family we have been going to la Baita for many years and I suppose we have always taken it for granted. However as a family of frequent restaurant goers I really think it is about time I did a review. Well without a doubt the staff are great from the owner, wife, waiters through to the kitchen staff and chief. They all make efforts to ensure that you have very good service, good food at a very reasonable price. We have over the years gone through virtually the entire menu and although they don't ever change their menu, they always have fresh specials to feast upon. A superb family restaurant!

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Any time I would dine here. A perfect Italian dinner served by an Italian family. Can you get any better on the outskirts of London?

4  Thank Beata Z
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

We visited La Baita one evening with a couple of friends. We we pleasantly greeted by the friendly staff and seated straight away. The tables were a decent size, I've been to restaurants where you were really crammed in, but not this one. I chose a starter sized pasta dish for my first course which was very well cooked and really tasty. For main I had the lamb with dolce latte sauce, and sautéed potatoes, which was excellent. Service was brilliant ambiance was nice. An altogether nice evening. If I was to nit pick, it'd be that the wine was pricey, £25 for Prosecco which I think was a tenner too much.
I would recommend this restaurant for the good staff, nice surroundings and really tasty food.

2  Thank am231058