Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$151
Hotels.com$151
Priceline$151
Travelocity$151
Tripadvisor$151
getaroom.com$167
2,146 results
All reviews kids club bedroom villa golf course red salt hunter valley redsalt restaurant huge pool table tennis school holidays buffet breakfast three bedroom egg station eggs benedict main building tennis courts great facilities king bed
Selected filters
Reviewed March 23, 2022 via mobile

Stayed at Crowne plaza Hunter valley, deluxe King bed suite and it was fantastic experience. Crowne is an excellent mid tier hotel in hunter region. Absolutely loved the atmosphere, staff customer service and location. All required amenities were present & working in room. Staff was very courteous and friendly.
Breakfast was the highlight of our stay. Everything you can think of for Breakfast was there, top notch and fresh! Service was excellent and fast. Easily one of the best buffet breakfast in Australia.
*Do include breakfast while booking room, its worth every penny.
Pool side, splash park for kids, was clean and suitable for all ages of kids and adults.
Gym was excellent too. We had pool access from room.
Everything except Tv needs to be upgraded or atleast allow chromecast/mirroring. Hdmi wasn’t accessible. Though tv has foxtel so there’s something you can still watch.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
Nicole Jones, Guest Services / Front Office at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Good Afternoon umayrjaved,
Wonderful to hear you enjoyed our signature buffet breakfast and amenities of the resort.
Thank you for your constructive feedback on the in room TV and we have taken your feedback on board as we look to make improvements to the resort.

Kind Regards,
Nicole

Reviewed March 23, 2022

We have booked to go back to the hotel in April school holidays as it's a great hotel. The kids love the Kids Club and the price per kid is $30 for 3 hours, which is a good deal.

However, I tried to book my kids into the Kids club for a day in April when we're at the hotel and the price has increased to $75 per kid which is an increase of 150% in less than 4 months WOW.

I know $30 is cheap but to more than double the cost is shocking.

Date of stay: January 2022
Nicole Jones, Guest Services / Front Office at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear stephenwV7556ND,
Thank you for your review.
After careful consideration, the cost of kids club increased due to the level of service provided. We do have a wide variety of other kids activities onsite which we offer. We hope to get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future. Best Regards,

Reviewed March 20, 2022 via mobile

We’ve been coming here as a family since the kids were babies so for about 15 years. This place is without question THE best place to stay in the area, if not in NSW.

Wow, the room prices are really next level now though and it’s getting hard to justify paying so much. It’s very expensive whereas it used to be quite good value.

We had problems with our room and had to move twice just after we’d checked in. However I’m not going to make an issue of that as they sorted things out in a truly exemplary manner. I strongly suggest that people raise issues with management immediately and not wait until afterwards and vent on social media. Give people a chance to make things good, and I’m sure they will which they did for us. So thank you to the wonderful staff.

Speaking of the staff, there was a staff “thank you” event on when we were leaving and a such a public display by management to the staff is pure class. Look after your staff and they will look after their guests. Well done!

The only negative was that the water in the spa was quite cold. It may not seem like such a big deal but it would make us think twice about a winter stay as we used to really love the spa in winter in the past.

However, it’s still an epic place and we love it as we did on our first visit in 2007.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear jhmagna,
Thank you for your kind review.
It is great to see you enjoyed your stay here with us and would like to thank you for your long term loyalty with us here at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley. We look forward to your next visit with us in the Hunter Valley. Best Regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2022 via mobile

We arrived to be told if we checked into the room we booked (more the 6 mths in advance) we would have to move rooms twice during our 6 night stay. So we had to accept a room with two double beds instead of the king bed room booked.
Room was okay and did have a walk in shower which was requested.
The breakfast at the Red Salt restaurant is expensive at $39pp unless you had a big cooked breakfast it wasn’t good value. However the room service breakfast was much better value, toast for $4 which if (as we were) going out for lunch all you need.
You could still get eggs on toast or omelette and was cheaper then restaurant breakfast.
Downstairs bar area was nice and did good snacks or whole meals. Pool and water park area looked good for kids.
Our daughter also stayed here as we were in area for wedding, was told there was a cot in their room as they had there 8mth old with them, they didn’t need the cot which wasn’t there anyway however a bath (which they asked for) would have been handy with a baby! No thought given to who was booking in. Also asked for us to be near each other but put us in different ends of resort. Not much care or concern given to our requests.
Would think twice about staying here again.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2022

Hello trudier2014,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for sharing your experience.

While I am glad you appreciate the room service breakfast, bar, pool, and water park, your comment about the breakfast rate at the Red Salt restaurant, room preference, and requests has caught my attention. What you described is definitely not the kind of experience we want any of our guests to have. We strive to offer the type of hospitality our guests value most where the essentials are done exceptionally well, but that did not happen on your visit. I am sorry for the letdown. I've shared your feedback with our management team, and I trust that they will use this as a reference to help us further improve the quality of our guests' experience.

I hope to get another chance to host your next visit as we promise to make the value of your experience worth it for all the right reasons.

Yours in hospitality,

Jeraldine R.
Case Manager
IHG Service

Reviewed February 2, 2022

My partner and I travelled for a friends birthday, staying in a Haven Pool View King Room. Crowne Plaza advertise this property as "Hunter Valley luxury accommodation", and this expectation truly was not met. Our room smelt strongly of chlorine, our friends also said their room had a certain bad musty smell. Bathroom is the standard of a 2 star, and overall feels run down. Bedroom air conditioning is incredibly loud. The entire hotel has been noticeably built cheaply (confirmed by local tradesman who are familiar with the builders and materials involved).
Positives: Bed is very comfortable, and room is very dark with curtains closed.

The greatest impact of this negative review was the utter lack of hospitality. I understand the public health orders and immense importance of masks and sanitising to the hotel, but you will not be welcomed, greeted, smiled at or spoken to until they ensure you have checked in or sanitised your hands directly in front of them, regardless of having done it when walking in the door. There is an immense attitude from 90% of staff members at reception, concierge, and bars, that they won't offer any kindness at all until it suits them (then fake positive conversations to cover up their previous lack of service to you). One bartender was so adimant about masks (which I had on), that I was reduced to tears at the confrontation. I won't recommend this property to any of my friends, family or audiences, the money can be well spent on other properties.

Date of stay: January 2022
1  Thank caitlin955
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2022

Hello caitlin955,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for sharing your experience.

While I am glad you appreciate our hotel's location, comfortable bed, and room, your comment has caught my attention to the staff behavior, unpleasant smell, bathroom, and AC that made you feel to unlikely recommend our property. What you described is definitely not the kind of experience we want any of our guests to have. We strive to offer the type of hospitality our guests value most where the essentials are done exceptionally well, but that did not happen on your visit. I am sorry for the letdown. I've shared your feedback with our management team, and I trust that they will use this as a reference to help us further improve the quality of our guests' experience.

Yours in hospitality,