Gems Hotel and Conference Center
Loreland Farm Resort(Antipolo City)
US$72
  • Breakfast included
US$39
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Date and Dine Resort(Antipolo City)
  • Pool
Eugenio Lopez Center(Antipolo City)
  • Restaurant
Bosay Resort(Antipolo City)
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 30 August 2016

My wedding was held in this hotel and I can say that I had a good deal with them. The staff are really nice and very approachable. I have trusted them with the food to serve and everything went well. They are very easy to talk to and eventually we had a good room to stay. The hotel is under renovation when we held our wedding and has the potential to be one of the best hotel in Antipolo. When you enter the lobby, you will see that the hotel has been there for a long time and the renovation is really needed. I haven't visited it yet after the renovation and hopefully the small rooms and parking are already fixed.

Room Tip: Always be specific on your requests and they will be honest on what they can offer
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Dang E
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Antipolo City in Rizal is a much more socio economically depressed area compared to Metro Manila. You can't go into this hotel thinking that you're going to get a standard, westernized hotel experience. It's locally owned and run with different sense of how life goes. It is one of the only hotels in Antipolo, and due to traffic, it's about 3 hours from the Manila airport (though only about 25 km). The hotel is located in an area where it's easy to grab either the jipney bus or a tricycle cab. A tricycle cab is 40 pesos per ride, so it's cost effective for many. The jipney is 10 pesos and often taken by locals.

I was here for a conference and stayed 4 nights. I didn't sleep well because, as previous reviewers have stated, there were small ants throughout my room. The bathroom did not have any sort of shower curtain or separate shower area from the sink and toilet. There is no counter space. Outlets are limited. The wifi was unreliable and sometimes unusable. There is NO WIFI in the conference meeting rooms. The chairs in the meeting rooms are not terribly comfortable and many people ended up standing. I also received the boiled egg and rice for breakfast, and I found bugs in my rice one of the days.

More importantly, the door to my room didn't seem to lock properly ever, and my room was directly under a stairway. I think the fact that I didn't feel that me or my belongings were safe contributed to the lack of sleep.

My room was never serviced during my stay, but I understood that I had to leave my only room key with the staff in order for that to occur. There were random, plastic buckets placed on my bathroom sink and toilet.

There are pools available, but I was not able to get into any of them.

If I were given a choice, I would not stay here again. I'm not a wimpy traveler by any stretch, but this one tested me, mainly because I didn't feel totally safe.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

Been here for 3 days and this is the worst hotel i've ever seen, wondering why this place called HOTEL . Taking terms for you to use to comfort room there's no water in the faucet. Use the thumbler for you to take a bath. For 3 days they don't bother to clean your room no attendant to attend to your needs. Towels ,linen, pillow ,mattress they are all worn out. Pillow as hard as stone. Food sucks too. I put paper cover on the comfort room because you can see your mate while taking a bath. There's no good words to describe this place. Very stressful place.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2015

Stayed here overnight to skip the terrible Manila traffic, which turned out to be a bad idea. The place is right along the main road which makes it accessible. Yet this has become one of the worst hotels I've been to. The whole place looks mismanaged. The reception was slow. The rooms were dim and dirty, uncomfy beds creeping with bugs, moldy bathroom, rusty windows, and crawling insects everywhere. WiFi didn't reach our room. They say there's a pool but they don't open it to the public during our stay. And the overpriced breakfast was a total disappointment. Add to the equation the unprofessional staff. Better get food outside. No, better get out as soon as you get in.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2015

I spend around 200 nights per year in hotels, and this is hands down the worst hotel I have ever stayed in worldwide. I read the reviews online and was duly warned, but unfortunately my client insisted I stay here, otherwise I would have immediately swapped hotels.

The grounds of the hotel look decent, but the rooms haven't been updated in years. The pillows and mattresses have a strange smell and the bathrooms are moldy. There are millions of tiny ants everywhere in the room, even crawling over me at night while I slept. (I ended up going to the pharmacy to get sleeping pills for the 5 nights I stayed there just to be able to sleep a minimum). There are only single-paned windows, and you can hear everything outside, including cats fighting all night long and the lady who insisted on sweeping every morning at 5am. The curtains are also very thin, and I had two bright neon lights outside both my windows that were on ALL NIGHT LONG.

The wifi was extremely slow, and I only had signal when my laptop was right next to the window. It also went out anytime it rained, which was daily for several hours in the evening, ie the time when most business people actually need to access internet.

Check-in was terrible, the receptionist was slow and extremely rude, and she refused to negotiate the rate even though two of us were staying for 5 nights. She also insisted breakfast was only available between 6:30-7am and that it would be served in the room. The first morning, no one ever came, so we had to go hunting all over to find someone, and they finally brought us a tray with cold rice, cold eggs, some kind of cold pork blobs, a mini banana and powdered coffee. It was the exact same for our entire stay - no choice, always cold variations of a plate with rice/egg/pork. The last day, I found an ant underneath my fried egg as I was taking the last bite. Though by that point I had been basically desensitized against ants - they were everywhere - in the bed, in my suitcase, crawling out of my purse and laptop. So what was one more?

The only good thing I can think of about this place is that it is right off the main road and thus there are several restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business