“UNBIASED REVIEW - Overnight Weekend Getaway with Family and Friends”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Antipolo City
Casa Ibiza Resort & Events Place
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Antipolo City
Quezon City, Philippines
“UNBIASED REVIEW - Overnight Weekend Getaway with Family and Friends”
Reviewed May 17, 2015

This is an unbiased review. I am not in any way connected to Casa Ibiza or anyone from there. I will try my best to tell you exactly what to expect because all I read online prior to our weekend getaway left me with a lot of unanswered questions.

I've read more bad than good reviews about Casa Ibiza from several blogs and websites. However, when I saw the promo on a deal site about an overnight stay in a Deluxe Villa for 4 persons, I still purchased a couple of vouchers. I went with my family and my best friend’s family, a total of 8 persons, and we stayed in 2 side-by-side villas for the night. Casa Ibiza is just less than an hour away from Cubao, Quezon City. It’s so easy to get there. It’s not really in the middle of nowhere. If you have Waze on your phone, there’s no way you’d get lost.

I’m glad I took advantage of the promo. It was only P3499 for 1 voucher (good for 4 persons) which includes overnight accommodation, set dinner and set breakfast. Casa Ibiza is not exactly giving you what you pay for—they give you just a little bit over that. If I paid the actual price of P7000+ per Villa then maybe I would have regretted it. But with that huge discount, it was good enough.

Yesterday, a few hours prior to check-in time, I received a phone call from Casa Ibiza’s representative. They were offering 1 Grand Villa (3 bigger bedrooms) in exchange for the 2 Deluxe Villas we had. I didn’t take the offer just because I don’t like changing plans on the last minute. Yes, 6 bedrooms in total is a little too much for us, but we liked the fact that we had more than enough bathrooms (there are 2 bathrooms per Villa).

Deluxe Villa – Windows were a little bit difficult to open, some walls have worn off paint, sheets were not the whitest of white, and the air-conditioner on the third bedroom was a bit noisy. They could have centralized the air-conditioner or at least placed a fan in the living area. They could have also placed an extra TV in the master’s bedroom. Rooms were small and the bathrooms were not exactly pretty and didn’t have hot/cold shower. The master’s bedroom had a queen-sized bed, a huge closet, a bathroom and balcony. The 2 other rooms were little and had 1 single bed each. It was tolerable—P3499 for 4 persons with meals is way too cheap if you’re expecting a 5-star type accommodation. I’ve seen worse than this.

Swimming Pool – There were 2 swimming pools, 1 which was just 2 feet deep and kids love it. The second was a deeper pool (4 to 5 feet). These aren’t very big swimming pools but they were big enough. We didn’t have to swim side by side with other guests so that was fine. On our first day, there were a lot of leaves on the pool and we asked the people from the resort to clean up. It took time before they did because there were few staff present that day. These are just leaves though, so it’s really fine. It’s not like you have to swallow those leaves when swimming. There wasn’t much chlorine too which is what I really like. I didn’t have to get out of the water with extra-sticky hair and even though the sun was high, we didn’t get all that dark—we usually get that when there’s too much chlorine in the water.

Cabanas and lounge areas – In photos, these are way prettier. The place could use a little bit more cleaning and the staff could at least place the pillows on the lounge areas in the right places so people could enjoy it more. But then again, guests just go out of their villas to swim. They stay inside where it’s cooler when they just want to hang out. However, the entire look of the resort could be improved if only these areas were maintained more.

Dining area – This area is surrounded by the two swimming pools and it looked lovely. Though there were a few insects at night time, it was fine since these weren’t cockroaches. There wasn’t a staff present at all times at the counter so there were a couple of times when I had to wait a few minutes until I can finally order. There were fabric/cushioned chairs which don’t belong there. I mean, these chairs make the overall look or the dining area more charming but if you consider the fact that a lot of people sit there after getting off the pool and all wet. If you’re dry, you’d hate it if you happen to sit on one of those wet chairs.

Food – So most of the bad reviews I read about the resort was about the food. Here’s what I honestly think—you can’t expect a BigMac when you paid for a “Kanto Burger”. Don’t expect a P1000 plate when you paid for a budget meal. The menu only had a few items available so there’s really not much to order. Everything else was out of stock. When we first ordered, there was no ice yet. They said they’re waiting for it to be delivered. So we opted to wait instead and order later. If I remember it right, they only had iced tea, orange juice and beer available. This is somehow a disappointment because we didn’t bring in anything else other than water because of the corkage fee.
Dinner time, we had lechon kawali with bagoong and grilled chicken set meals for our group. There were only 3 pieces of lechon kawali per plate and the pork was a little hard. The bagoong on top of it was a little too spicy for the kids. The chicken (large portion) wasn’t cooked too well. However, since we were warned by online reviews about the food they serve, we ordered extras in advance. We had pansit, liempo and sisig which weren’t the best, but again, good enough. Even if we didn’t enjoy the food as much, we didn’t go hungry.
Breakfast time, we had ham and longganisa. The ham was good, the longganisa was okay.
Food conclusion – the best part is we didn’t go hungry and since we already expected the worst, we weren’t really disappointed. Hopefully, Casa Ibiza could stock up on food items though. It would have been a more pleasant experience (and more income from them) if they had more choices to offer.
By the way, I read that there’s no corkage for water, biscuits and chips. So we brought enough just to make sure we don’t go hungry. There’s a refrigerator inside each villa so we had enough cold water throughout our stay. Beer was affordable at only around P60 per bottle so it was okay if we didn’t have to bring alcohol in.

Landscape and surroundings – Again, the place could use a little more cleaning and the grass could also be trimmed for a better look. Overall, it was beautiful.

CONCLUSION – Should you go there? If you expect more than what you pay for and you are used to 5-star resorts and hotels, don’t. You won’t enjoy it. Are the photos Photoshopped? Of course, almost all photos you’d see online from any hotel or resort are Photoshopped but Casa Ibiza looks quite the same with what you see on the photos only a little older and dirtier. Don’t be ignorant and expect those photos come to life because this is reality.
Because we had the people we loved the most with us during our trip, we had a great time. The staff were nice to us maybe because we were nice to them. The resort could use a lot of improvement but ultimately, we enjoyed ourselves. The most important part in every trip we have is to make sure we are comfortable. As long as the air-con is working, the water is flowing, the sheets are clean and the staff are kind, we are satisfied. One must not blame the resort for their own miseries—if you’re happy with the people you are with and you make that choice that you will have fun and let go of the little imperfections, then you will have an awesome time.
I believe that the key to a good vacation is preparation—we brought everything we need from towels to soap and shampoo, first aid kit, water, etc. We didn’t have a difficult time at all.
I highly recommend Casa Ibiza for those who are not too demanding and dependent on other people for their own happiness and satisfaction. Ours was quite a hassle-free weekend. ;)

P.S. I am a freelance writer from Manila, Philippines. Of course, I didn’t tell the people from the resort that I will write about them because I wanted to get the real experience so I can share it with all of you. I will write and post more photos about our Casa Ibiza experience in my blog within the week (ronamariecruz.blogspot.com).

Room Tip: Deluxe Villas are better since they are located closer to the pools and cabanas.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
16 Thank Rona C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Marikina, Philippines
Reviewed April 28, 2015 via mobile

Despite the negative reviews my brother found on trip advisor we still decided to give the place a benefit of a doubt . . . And yes, we were glad we did.

We got the grand villa, it has 3 br, 2 t&b, a living room, a kitchen and your own garage. The place was clean and spacious. The beds were comfy.

Upon arrival our 9 year old had the pleasure of swimming for hours in the kiddie pool, while we, the "old ones" got to enjoy it in the evening from 9-10pm. Nit many offers night swimming, so in our book this is a thumbs up, but mind you the water is cold, the pools are not heated.

With regards to food, if you are a light eater, the breakfast and dinner package would do just fine, the servings are small. Menu is limited but there are still choices available. Thrre's corkage for outside food so.you'd think twice bringing some in. But chips and drinks are allowed plus my hubby's birthday cake.

Over all, we had a great stay, and we plan to go back. All 6 of us again.

For the overnight package of P 3,400+ it's a steal. You can't expect 5 star accomodation for this price, so by being realistic it would be an enjoyment.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 Thank MomLAP3
Reviewed April 20, 2015

Place is run down and I'll maintained. Pool is full of leaves. Something a simple netting could fix but seems like maintaining the facilities is pretty low on the management's to do list. Pics are misleading, we couldn't believe e pics on theiiir site are the same as where we were. Food can't be brought in but their menu is nothing but a prop. Try ordering anything and be dismayed. Nothing is available as they only have enough for preordered meals. Food was slow and even if we ordered 4pm for additional food( since we had brought more people than the counted accommodations, some did not have complimentary food), 9pm food was still not served. Our dinner schedule was supposed to be 6pm, food came 9pm, missing 1 order since "ubos na" daw. Our sinigang came with a free WORM., waiter took it back to the kitchen, and DID NOT TELL US THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY INGREDIENTS TO MAKE A NEW ONE. they just let us wait. Wait for nothing. Didn't have the courtesy to tell us we won't be getting dinner. Toilet clogged up, locks don't work, one villa didn't have cable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 Thank mrcliamval

Travelers are raving about these Antipolo City hotels

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 26, 2015

Went here for our team get together. We needed some place to go which is.. "ok"..or some place alright... some place where we can swim, hang out and mingle a little... We found this off a group buying site and it looks promising... We bought the vouchers and we gave it a try.

Pros :
- Pool is really nice. Im sure the kids will love it.
- Food is ok.
- Rooms are nothing special but its ok.
- The food was alright.
- Lots of parking space.
- Design wise of the dining area and other parts of the resort is Ok.
- Its a good spot to go swimming
- close to the Metro

I guess, when we went there, we we're lucky that everything went smooth and we had no problems. The group actually had a great time. Many thanks to the good staff as well.

Room Tip: Book early. Check group buying sites...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank maccenteno
Reviewed March 8, 2015

Pictures misleading. Place was run down and filthy. Under the bed we found wrappers of candy and gum, dust everywhere. We weren't allowed to bring in food but the food they served (supposedly for 10) was not even enough for 4 people so we decided to order ala carte...only to be told that the kitchen was too busy so we said ok we would wait....much later tried to order again we were then told that they do not have extra food to cook. They only bought food enough for pre-ordered meals!!! They shut off water at 12 midnight without even informing guests that water was to be shut off so we had to walk to the guard near the gate to ask that they turn on the water!!! what resort does this?????

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Loreland Farm Resort
#1 of 4 in Antipolo City
0.0 km away
Altaroca Mountain Resort and Events Place
Altaroca Mountain Resort and Eve...
#11 of 14 in Antipolo City
0.0 km away
Cafe Lupe Bed and Breakfast
Cafe Lupe Bed and Breakfast
#6 of 14 in Antipolo City

Been to Casa Ibiza Resort & Events Place? Share your experiences!