Moreton Park Hotel
  • Restaurant
Swn y Dwr(Chirk)
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe pubrestaurant next doorfamily roomgarden centresofa bedlord moreton pubbusy roadgood sizenorth walestea coffee facilitiesstayed here for one nightchirk castleground floorsunday carveryself servicefull englishpoachers pocket
Reviewed 19 April 2018

This is just off the busy road only stepped back by the carpark 7 there are rat boxes all round the building... The Hotel name gives the impression it would be in a beautiful setting but it is next to a shopping outlet. the restaurant is in a seperate building. We 2 ladies were given ground floor rooms, the rooms ere hot but clean, we were not comfortable with the area so dare not open the windows, reception leads straight onto the corridor where rooms were & although reception staff were courteous & friendly they werent always on reception so anyone could walk in unchecked. We were shown another foom when we complained but it was tardy with narrow stairs to mezzane bedroom.. The pls side is rooms were of good size & the bedding clean & the bathrooms clean with towels of good standard. At 1.15am we were woken bu the baby 2 doors down crying & again early morning. Next morning police were in the public lounge interviewing someone that had caused noise during the night, ambulance waiting ousside as they were a drug abuser, police van & car outside too..we asked to check out on our 2nd night but this was refused, will not ever go back here.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor rooms away from the road then you will feel safer but if room next door makes a noise you will hear it.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2018

First of all this review is about the hotel not the pub next door which is where you eat and drink ,do you understand? Some contributors on here aren't clever enough to work out the difference between both * sigh*
Here we go , booking in was simple and quick lovely and warm inside with great first impressions of cleanliness ( to continue all through our stay) .
We had room no 6 ground floor,every room is ground floor !
When we entered the room we were greeted by a tv sofa bed a well stocked tea bags milk and sugar tray not to mention the biscuits ( pack of two each) which was a nice touch.
I was disappointed that there wasnt a magnum of champagne,bouqet of flowers and our very own maid /servant in attendance or a pair of matching versace slippers and dressing gowns (which my payment of £68 including bed and breakfast for myself and her royal highness for 1 night should of been ample to cover)
The decor,was.....erm did i bother looking at the decor? No I am not that sad,the room was lovely and clean.But where was the double bed I had booked?
Low and behold I noticed a staircase to my right,upon ascending the staircase we found a lovely clean double bed , did I look underneath for a stray spiders leg or body hair from a gnat? no I didnt!
Did I look at the decor in detail? No I didnt it was yellow in colour but not from smoke but the wallpaper colour.Was I bothered? Of course not ,I wasnt going to live there for the next 20 years,only one flippin night and I would end up in the pub next door for most of it and a bit of time in the garden centre next door in afternoon before the drink in the pub before tea/ supper whatever you call it.
So if my maths is right after booking in at 15.00hrs we spent hour in room digesting the beer and meal we had earlier from poachers pocket pub across the road,We then walked round the garden centre for 1/2 hour then had couple drinks in the pub next door.
Retired to room for couple of hours for 40 winks (didnt switch tv on for our entire stay) bathroom inspected,yes there was a shower ,bath and toilet there!
Went for meal about 8 after shower etc ( no didnt look for mould,not that sad) had gammon ,her majesty had lovely lasagne, both meals big and tasty,followed by more drinks.Retired to our warm room at 11 clock ,nice cup of tea then retired to bed still without studying the decor.
Getting to sleep was the only hiccup as the people across from us ( no5) consisted of a single parent and two out of control kids ( she didn't care that the kids were bouncing off the walls untill 1am,no answer from reception when I rang them but others had complained but she wouldnt answer door from management )
Breakfast in the pub next door was superb ,I am a carnivore so the full English sorted me out for the day,as much as you can eat.
I will definately stay here again as its ideally positioned for everywhere .Great staff ,warm ,clean and a bargain at what we paid.
I dont go away to study decor,carpet patterns,no did I disconnect the U bend in the sink to look for hairs!
Many of you that have given poor ratings for this place need to stay at home,nowhere is good enough for you.AMEN.

Room Tip: Room without irresponsible parents
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terry D
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Came in on Sunday 25/3/18 came in on Sunday for carvery nice meal but being a strict vegetarian I asked if I could have a nut roast not a problem as I went through the rest of the potatoes and veg I asked if gravy was vegetarian no it wasn't not a problem chap on front of carvery went to kitchen and asked for gravy came out in a large silver gravy boat as I tooked into my meal as I was tooling into the nice roast potatoes I could taste garlic herbs and they were nice and to be honest it seemed busy as for desserts sticky toffee pudding very nice and I asked for a lemon cheese cake but had run out so I opted for your lemon tart that was nice tasty and not to lemony for me it was a very nice Sunday lunch staff were pleasant and friendly thank you I had my doubts but you proved me wrong after people had said that it wasn't very good don't listen to other people go see for urself

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank louise21matthews
Reviewed 8 March 2018

A welcoming hotel. I stayed two nights earlier this week. Large warm room. Good bathroom with large fluffy towels. Would not hesitate to stay there again.

However, the restaurant next door could do with proving.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geoffroberts994
Reviewed 9 February 2018

I have become a regular, feel guilty because I always forget to leave a review - sorry! The staff become your friends - I think it is Eileen and Lynda and the rooms spacious and clean. "My" room has just had a major redecoration, fresh as a daisy.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business