“Good food. Amazing service.”
Review of The Indian Kitchen

The Indian Kitchen
Reserve with
The Indian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 131 Restaurants in Amstelveen
Price range: US$14 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

The food was good. But here is what I loved about the place - superb service !
1) The hostess was well aware of the dishes and made good suggestions. Special mention to the hostess Bianca here.
2) After the starters, I ordered another starter while my husband ordered a main course for himself. The hostess assumed that my order was for a main course and informed me that it was a 'dry' dish with no gravy. I told her it was fine. But when the dish arrived, it came with a side of rice and complimentary daal. This was a pleasant surprise as they had taken the initiate to convert the starter to be eatable as a main course. Later , a gentleman (owner or manager I'm not sure) came over to apologize( even though I had not complained ) and said that since I had not ordered a main course they assumed that I had wanted the dish as a main course, but they would be happy to change the order and bring me a bigger platter of starters. I must say this was a great level of customer service.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Great place to have indian food .Loved the flavorful and spicy dishes along with warm and personal service. .

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Although I live very close by I only recently visited this place for the first time. Mainly because on the outside it does not look very appealing. However, inside it looks great! Nice interior and the dimmed lights make it a cosy place. The menu is pretty long so difficult to choose. We asked for mild spicy and that was a good choice. The food was great! On the same evening there was a large group having dinner but that did not impact our service, it was quick and nice. The people only speak English and remember to bring some cash as they don't accept to pay the tip by card.

1  Thank Monique B
Reviewed 14 February 2017

My first time going to this restaurant although I have tried their food already for 3 years at the Diwali Festival in Amstelveen, where they use to be one of the food providers during the festivities.

The restaurant is modern and cozy, with nice pieces of Indian origin. The food didn't disappointed. It's not the best Indian food I had, but it is quite good. The tandoori lamb I got was delicious and my husband and daughter also had good quality and tasteful food.

The staff is friendly and effective. The restaurant was full of Indian families, which is in principle a sign that the food is authentic.

It was a good Indian food experience to repeat.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Great atmosphere, delicious food, friendly service and a good variety.

I recommend it to meat lovers and to vegetarians

R Oz