“Tantalising Indonesian Food”

Ron Gastrobar Indonesia
Ranked #3 of 5 Dessert in Amstelveen
Price range: US$37 - US$61
Description: Ron Gastrobar Indonesia Het bekende Ron Gastrobar-concept in combinatie met de liefde voor de Indonesische en Indische keuken. Toegankelijk voor iedereen, eten van topkwaliteit en een relaxte service waar vooral een ding centraal staat: GENIETEN! Rijsttafel voor twee? Zeg maar nee, dan krijg je de allerlekkerste saté!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Who knew excellent Indonesian food can be found in Amsterdam? My husband and I came to this restaurant upon our arrival to the city - extremely jet lagged. We had no expectations - obviously it may not be as good as mum's cooking. I was wrong!!! Easy to locate, outstanding and friendly service. The menu was exciting ... and the flavours did not disappoint. We were so pleasantly surprised with the flavours, that we returned two nights later and tried the Rijsttafel (set menu). I am glad we came back again and tried different items from the menu. If we stayed longer, no doubt we would have returned for a third visit.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

The food here is very very good. Full of Indonesia. Difficult to fault in terms of food.
Service is relaxed, a little too relaxed. The food appeared very quickly, but this was about the only contact with the staff. A little more attention needed.

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

At the end of the dinner I had the same feeling as when I visit a Mac Donald: I don’t want to hear about it for the next 3 months...the rijstafel is a combination of very strong flavours and spices covering the taste of the meat or fish. Too much cocoa, too much peanut butter. Good just for once in a long while

Reviewed February 28, 2018

One can have the most amazing Indonesian food here, ranging from 'traditional' "rijsttafel" to exciting 'streetfood'. Dishes on the menu that seem to be made according to tradition actually are prepared with a twist, with unexpected textures and subtle flavors. Very creative variations! This makes every dish that is served a surprise.
The large rijsttafel menu has interesting components; the satay sauces accompanying skewers of goat/lamb/mutton or beef, chicken, etc. are among the best I ever had; the 'black box' with streetfood (Chef's selection) is amazing, both in terms of choice and flavors and textures; the durian bombe for dessert is not to be missed (but, as far as I'm concerned, could have much more durian!!).
Service is relaxed and friendly, but maybe a little too much; it could be a lot tighter and more attentive.
Parking is a problem. Ron would render his guests a great service if he provided more information about parking facilities on his website.

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

We were here before and i’m from indonesian family. I can tell you that you will find here traditional indonesion food, made by professionals. Service was allready good but improved to exellent. Very friendly, and everything was possible. The nice girl who served us (maybe it was a woman, but I compare it with my age),adviced us very well what to order. She warned us that what we first asked for was to much food, and she was right. We had a lot of starters, an idonesian rice table, three bottles off wine, a grand dessert and some soft drinks and bottles of water with six people for only 480,=. and according to the quality and service that was very cheap. We had a very nice round table, but we reserved that weeks ago. Thanks all nice people at this restaurant for a very wonderful evening and the very friendly service. It was really outstanding.