All reviews near the train station private onsen on arrival onsen town a great experience breakfast is served sukiyaki tatami mats the main street small garden toilet and sink winter season half board seafood onsen pass a wonderful stay japanese breakfast
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

My sisters and I booked room for 3 back in July 2017 for our stay September 29th. We paid using their website. They emailed us with confirmation of booking. However, I wasn’t charged in my creditcard and saw the pending transaction. I was worried the charge did not go through so I emailed them. It took about a week or so for a reply. We were told not to worry about it and our booking is still valid. About a week before our arrival I received an email from the inquiring about our allergies. I thought that was nice and thoughtful of them to confirm about our food allergies.
We took the Shinkansen To go there overall a pleasant trip. When we arrived at kinosaki onsen station it was about a 5min walk if we didn’t keep stopping by the little shops a long the way. The ryokan was easy to find. As soon as we arrived we checked in and the greeted us and brought our luggages to our room. The ryokan was clean and airy. Even though our view was the street still felt traditional. Our host spoke Japanese and limited English but she was kind and outgoing. My Sister was able to communicate with her to have a conversation. I am able to understand enough. Im not sure if there was any host that was fluent in English or not, but either way she was very nice. We had a hard time putting on our Yakuta since it was our first time. We asked one of the staff and they kindly helped all three of us put it on. After settling we walked around the area. Plenty of little shops but they close really early (5pm???) there was a family mart that stayed open late though. We came back for dinner for 6pm they set our room and brought our food. It was delicious! Definitely worth every penny. The best sashimi I’ve ever had! We had the shabu shabu meal. After dinner we went to 1 of the 7? hot springs. The one I wanted to go was closed for some reason. The walk to the hot spring was about 5-6minutes. It was our first time going. The water was super hot. It was awkward getting naked in front of others but you’ll get used to it. At the time we went there we were the only foreigners (from US/CAn). After soaking we walked back to the Inn and our bed was ready on the tatami floor. It was comfortable! Either way from the amazing dinner and the onsen we fell asleep really quickly. We didn’t even make it to the private bath that we scheduled for 11pm. This inn had its own private bath but it’s booked by other guest quickly. We checked in a bit late. We woke up around 7am and breakfast was on the 3rd floor. Again delicious and truly an experience. I haven’t had this kind of breakfast before and tried everything at least once. After breakfast we went back into our room and packed! Check out was 10am?
Overall an amazing experience. I will definitely come back again. You should give it a try too! I don’t usually put this much effort into writing a review but I was so pleased with them that i did. I recommend them.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We stay here on 6th Oct 17
It near the train station and easy to locate.
The dinner and breakfast were good.
The staff are very attentive and provide good service.
I will recommend this place for your stay
In house onsen is also good

Room Tip: Travel with elderly inform them to make special arrangement to avoid climbing up and down staircases. Luggage taken care by the hotel staff.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yap90
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at this traditional Ryokan. I cannot recommend it highly enough. We had Kaiseki meal on the first evening and Sukiyaki the second and they were both amazing. Great service, friendly staff and Kinosaki is a very special place to stay and relax in Japan. Our entire trip to Japan was memorable but our 2 days in Kinosaki staying at Mikuniya Ryokan were probably our favourite.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lee L
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Highly recommended ryokan!!

This quaint ryokan is located 3 minutes away from the JR station on foot. Located down the Main Street of the town. Within easy walk to 4 of 7 the public onsens you can visit with your onsen pass (included in your stay). If public onsens are not your thing, Mikuniya has 2 private onsens you can reserve for 1 hour.

Staff are super friendly and accommodating. Will try and answer all your questions and assist you to have the best experience you can have.

The room we stayed in was gorgeous, typical ryokan style with the tatami mats and sitting area that is transformed into sleeping quarters.

You have the choice of meat or seafood half board on booking (we had the meat). Breakfast is served in the main dining room whilst dinner is served in your room. An experience

Was really impressed with the service that we will be visiting again on our next trip to Japan ❤️

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We loved it. The rooms are nice. Food good

Nice for a first ryokan stay. Rooms a little old. But they are cosy

The food was good the place is a Nice not expensive place. If you dont want to pay a lot this is a good choice.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family