All reviews underground parking hot tub the kitchen bachelor suite master suite higher floor outdoor pool pull out couch living room blue mountain resort martini bar nice stay front desk staff year round little things room wasn't ready stayed for one night
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel lobby reminded me of an average hotel, nothing luxury about it. The room was lovely, kitchenette with dishwasher and a fireplace (which is an upgraded room). The bed was comfortable. The doors to the rooms are very loud when they close, we heard everytime someone cane and went often thinking someone entered our room. The outdoor hot tub was the best part of this hotel, we loved it. The 1st night we had the hot tub to ourselves. The spa right in the hotel was super convenient and walked down the hall in my robe for a massage. The area was really neat, right in the Village of Blue Mountains. The Village was very quiet when we were there, the stores were nice but high end, the restaurants were more expensive than average..."resort pricing". I also found that most of the staff in the Village were not very friendly, actually cold. The hotel was nice and clean but it was pretty expensive for a 2 night stay. Since we came only for rest and relaxation not skiing, don't think we will be returning to Blue Mountain.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
James H, Vice President of Hospitality at Mosaic, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Jennyflower_12,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor, the Mosaic Suites are quite lovely and the kitchenettes offers great convenience, with all the essentials to whip up a meal. The year round outdoor pool and hot tubs is very popular with guests of this property, we are pleased to see you enjoyed these facilities. The Village is full of unique retail and dining options, a variety that is certain to appeal to a range of interests and tastes. We are sorry to see that you were not impressed with the services at some of the Village establishments and will be sure to direct your comments to the Commercial Tenants offices for the benefit of all tenants.

On behalf of Blue Mountain Resorts LP

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Couldn't check in, when we arrived at 3. Yes, check-in is at 4, but being a Monday, did not think it would be a problem. When we got into our room, it was grubby. Called housekeeping and the supervisor came up, and had the cleaning crew, wipe it all down again. We had a one bedroom suite, which was spacious. Bed was comfortable. Resort was very quiet, so don't know why our room wasn't ready or clean. We paid for underground parking, as an alternative yo the muddy lot we were offered. For what you are paying to stay, the lot outside could at least be paved. We love the heated outdoor pool and hottub, but the pool, didnt seem to be as warm on day 2.
The whole Blue Mountain resort, the restaurant prices are all ridiculous, and so are the stores. Getting less appealing to stay here.

Room tip: End of hall.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
James H, Vice President of Hospitality at Mosaic, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear readytobook,

Thank you for this very helpful review, we regret to see that we were unable to accommodate an early arrival. Unfortunately, our peak travel times are not isolated to weekends and as such, early arrivals can be difficult to meet. Our climate controlled underground parking is very popular with our guests, unfortunately, this time of year, melting snow and run off can create a bit of a mess in areas of the resort, including some parking facilities. The retail and dining outlets in the Village are privately owned and operated and as such, we are unable to comment on their pricing strategies but can assure you that our guests often speak very highly of their products and services.

On behalf of Blue Mountain Resorts Limited

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Had a fabulous weekend with friends! Tons to do...zip lining, swimming, eating, walking, hiking up hill, mini golf, mountain coaster , and more!
Mosaic is an awesome hotel...great pool! Central within the village for restaurants, activities, shopping, etc

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
James H, Vice President of Hospitality at Mosaic, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear Leigh-Ann P,

Great review, thanks for detailing the many exciting attractions available, the season is nearly upon us and all of these activities will be open for business. The Mosaic Suites are beautiful and tastefully appointed, the location is so convenient for access to the Village.

On behalf of Blue Mountain Resorts Limited

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Though I wrote a review about our spa experience which was terrible. (Do not use Kalola spa). I MUST recommend the Mosaic at blue mountain for a stay. We visited for the first time for our anniversary. It was a wonderful bachelor suite room. Very clean. Amazing hospitable staff. Prompt service. We will likely come back for a stay at the mosaic!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear cebl18,

Thank you for posting this lovely review and a big belated HAPPY ANNIVERSARY from all of us here at Blue Mountain Resort. We are delighted to see how well you enjoyed your suite and the wonderful services of our associates. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

On behalf of Blue Mountain Resorts

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I booked a bachelor suite for my family via telephone. To be honest, I didn’t do the booking online as I have never been to Blue Mountain and I wanted to ensure it was done correctly for my needs. The lady on the phone didn’t suggest getting the 1 bedroom and I wish she did - for a minimal extra cost, you get SO much more space. Our room was tiny...but technically, my fault. I should have done my own thorough research, though I did ask her for the most ideal room for 4 people.

I digress.

The room itself was filthy - you could tell it was only “surface clean”. Literal dirt in the drawers, old bits of food stuck to plates, grime in spots that were just a bit hidden. One light didn’t work, bathtub plug broken upon arrival.

Only two bath robes and shampoo, conditioner, etc. for two people provided - even though I clearly stated that 4 people were staying. This more feedback rather than a complaint. Quality hotels pay attention to those little details, and it makes all of the difference.

Elevators were dodgy, even the buttons are broken. The building maintenance is horrible - such little care put into the facilities. The lobby looks rough as well, it made me cringe upon entry. Overall, the photos online are flattering. Go in with very low expectations.

We had to request 2X (plus obviously putting out the sign) for housekeeping to come to our room for a tidy. It took them until very late into the afternoon, almost early evening, to drop by - and the job was awful. I could have cleaned it better. Perhaps the housekeeping team is understaffed and too tight on time to due justice to the rooms.

You can definitely tell that this is a below 3 Star property. Unfortunately - the prices are astronomical. After taxes, it was just a few dollars shy of $400 CAD a night. I can understand the rooms not being large or luxury, and I get the “resort markup” cost - but at a 4 Star price, the least they could do is maintain cleanliness and upkeep the building itself. It just looks like this hotel gave up. They know people will stay here due to the location, so they just don’t even bother to go above and beyond a place to sleep. It’s a shame.

The upside, and the only reason why I am giving 2 stars, is the pool and outdoor hot tub. It’s nice and was the highlight of our trip.

Lastly - the guidance of the hotel staff is minimal. Again, I’ve never been to Blue Mountain, I don’t know anything at all about the area - and not once did anyone give me a map, guidebook, anything. To make matters worse, AFTER I purchased tickets and paid a ridiculous price for a nearby attraction - the ticket booth associate advised me that my hotel could have gotten me a bigger discount and that I should complain because no one at the desk advised me of that upon check-in.

Additionally, no one asked how my stay was upon checkout. They really didn’t care about my experience at all, lol! They just asked for payment, without barely a smile, and off I went.

Really disappointing experience - I absolutely would not come back nor would I recommend this spot to anyone I know.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank C9259CNmegand
James H, Vice President of Hospitality at Mosaic, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Megan D,

Thank you for providing this very detailed review of your recent visit to Blue Mountain Resort, we value our guest feedback and the unique insights to our products and service delivery. We have had an opportunity to review your call to our reservation department and can confirm the following details for you. Initially, the request for Mosaic was provided to our associate, preference based on the availability of the outdoor pool, the associate confirmed that the pool was year round, heated. A further request made to be close to friends also travelling at the same time, noted by our associate. The next request was for a fireplace, to which our associate indicated we could accommodate, at which point the Bachelor suite was requested, and our associate indicated that the fireplace would also be available in the 1-bedroom unit; at this point the smaller unit was selected. The remainder of the call went on to provide descriptions and quotes. With regard to your concerns over cleanliness, we have discussed these issues with our leadership teams and have carefully reviewed your reservation. We were able to locate 2 calls for service, one for a tub stopper Feb. 23rd, which was dispatched at 9:38pm and closed at 9:53pm, with the stopper being replaced and in good working order. The other call was the following day, request for 2 robes, at 3:57pm and completed by 3:59pm, robes delivered. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate any notes reflecting your concerns over the cleanliness of your suite or delays daily service and regret the missed opportunity to ensure your needs were met, during your stay. We will provide coaching to our associates to ensure oversights of this nature, are not repeated. The Mosiac hotel underwent an extensive refurbishment, completed in late 2016, and has enjoyed favorable feedback for the most part since that time, we regret to see this lodging property, fell short of your expectations.

On behalf of Blue Mountain Resorts LP