“Superb!! Excellent quality”
Review of It Posthus

It Posthus
Reserve with
It Posthus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Makkum
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Delicious and beautiful food of great quality, cosy & warm atmosphere, friendly staff! Very reasonably priced. Loved having diner here! Give them a call before you go, it's often busy (no wonder!)

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We totally loved our experience here in It Posthus. The food was truly fantastic. Amazing looks and absolutely great taste. We had the 'vegetarian 4-course surprise menu" together with the wine arrangement and we loved both. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I wish this restaurant was in my city but even though it's far away, I'll definitely come back. I've not found this high standard for this price before. The atmosphere was very nice as well, seating very comfi and the bathroom super clean so I really think it deserves the title 'perfect'!

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We followed the reviews and came here to celebrate a special occasion. The restaurant is so lovely and well decorated. Food quality of a very fancy place, staff of a very fancy place, but you feel welcomed and the atmosphere is very cosy. The food was delicious and surprisingly affordable (3 courses menu at 30€). Good choices offered and great quality of products. The wine was also delicious. We will definitely come back. We were there on a Friday evening and the restaurant was full, so book in advance,

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

I think that this is the only good restaurant in Makkum. We were there off season and it was full during the week. As we came from other restaurant disappointed, so we stopped by only for desert. Even it was half an hour before closing, they accepted us and they were really friendly. The menu looked very tasty and the same was for the wine list. I highly recommend booking it in advance, even in low season.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

For the 60th anniversary of my parents wedding Posthus catered a fabulous buffet
They created a menu wich was delicious. My parents loved the authenticity and the use of many local products. Maartje and Alwin were very helpful and flexible. Highly recommended