See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel is located 3 minutes driving distance from the nearest train station, and they provide free shuttle bus so don't worry if you don't travel with a car. Room is really big, clean and quiet at night. Receptionists and staff of restaurant are all very friendly. Atmosphere is so relax and this is exactly what I need for an onsen holiday.

I had Japanese meal for dinner and buffet for breakfast. Although they don't really have wild selection for buffet, it's definitely they have great quality for food.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Summary: Great hotel with amazing views, delicious food, friendly staff (that can speak a little English) and amazing indoor and outdoor onsen with good views. However, the hotel can be a little bit inaccessible and air-conditioning only in the summer season.

Since the hotel is located in the Akita mountain regions, the view from my room window is amazing with a view of the mountainside and the river running beside the hotel.

I had dinner and breakfast in the hotel's dining room. Both were buffet-style and the food served in both were delicious with sufficient variety.

The staff also laid out the futon in my Japanese-styled room while I was having dinner (which I didn't know about). So I was quite surprised when I returned to my room to find out that the futons were already laid out, so excellent room service in my opinion.

The hotel has split-gender onsen baths with the male side having an additional access to a sauna and 3 different baths with 1 indoor and 2 outdoor baths. All of them have great views of the mountainside and river.

The hotel can be a little inaccessible with not much trains running through the area but that is kinda normal since the hotel is deep in the mountains and the views are certainly worth the effort to travel all the way there!

There is no air-conditioning in the rooms during Spring, Autumn and Winter Season. I got the helpful staff to open the windows that allowed cool night air to enter the room which was cooling enough for me to sleep. So it is only a small issue for me.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again if I ever pass through the area again!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Large, clean rooms with no signs of wear and tear. Fabulous onsen with huge indoor baths and three outdoor baths in the women's side. Fantastic service. Great facilities. Wonderful getaway location. The food was buffet style rather than kaiseki, but the selections were great, and the dining area was spacious and clean. This is a great value!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2016

This hotel is not on the main track for tourists, and very little English is spoken. But the rooms are spacious and clean and there is an indoor/outdoor onsen. The breakfast is Japanese buffet (no toast, cereal, etc.) but there is still a nice selection. WiFi is available in the lobby, but not in the rooms. My favorite experience was a pre-breakfast walk along the river where there are a few meadows filled with flowers.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2015

My overnight stay at Yuze Hotel was pleasant. The property is a typical middle-of-the-road Japanese onsen hotel. The staff was courteous and helpful. The tatami room was plenty comfortable, clean, and spacious. The view looked onto the trees of a nearby mountain. Electrical outlets were sufficient in number and easy to get to. The free wireless Internet worked great. My only quibble: it wasn't possible to open a window to allow in fresh air.

IMO -- the hotel's star feature was its rotenburo (outdoor onsen pools). The water temperature was pleasantly warm. The onsen looked onto a fast-flowing river. The nicer of the two outdoor pools opened just recently, as I understand.

Both of the included meals were served Viking-style on the top floor of the tallest tower. The food was a typical tasty assortment of Japanese dishes. The restaurant pours delicious local sakes of various kinds.

If you're passing through the Hachimantai area for sightseeing, I recommend Yuze Hotel as a solid overnight choice.

Room tip: higher floor with a view onto the mountains
Date of stay: May 2015