US$525
Premier Resort Yuga Iseshima(Shima)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
US$154
Ryokan
  • Restaurant
Haifu(Shima)
All reviewsfrench restaurantabalonesummitsettingphotosloungebayguestsisedinner
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

This has to be the best hotel I've ever been to. The views are fantastic, the room is enormous with every possible attention to detail. The lounges were amazing and the complimentary snacks and drinks were most welcome. After a couple of weeks touring Japan, a few days here in this tranquil atmosphere, with the beautiful aromas around the building, were just what I needed. I've never experienced a hotel with a Listening Room before and it was magnificent. The staff were extremely attentive and polite. If you get the chance go and experience the Shima Kanko magic. (Shame the pool wasn't open though !)

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
志摩観光ホテル, マネージャー at Shima Kanko Hotel the Classic, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for staying at Shima Kanko Hotel and writing review.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed stay at our hotel.
The public area of the Classic hotel was renovated and our guest lounge was newly opened last year.
We are grateful for hearing your excellent comment.

Looking forward to welcoiming you again in near future.

We apoliogize that our pool opens only in summer.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

My husband and I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel to celebrate our anniversary. We arrived early and were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived until our departure next day. The Hotel Classic and the adjoining the Bay Suites both exceeded our expectations in terms of beauty, sophistication and hospitality. Both hotel’s grounds were exquisitely manicured. The resort had been recently renovated for the 2016 G7 Summit which it also hosted.
On check in, our room was surprisingly upgraded at no additional cost. The room was spacious, nicely appointed with commanding views of Ago Bay. The decor was stunning. The bathroom, equally spacious, was handsomely tiled and included all of the necessary amenities. We especially appreciated the man-sized towels that were super soft and absorbent. Ladies would appreciate the Mikimoto brand beauty supplies.
We chose to have dinner at the world famous La Mer French restaurant at the Classic. Local Abalone and Ise lobster bisque were a recommended “must try”. We ordered a six course meal that was elegantly prepared and efficiently served. At the end of our meal, the restaurant surprised us with a special cake and champagne in honor of our anniversary.
A benefit unknown to us before we arrived were the hotel lounges that provided coffee, beverage and snacks for all the guests in a large library type settings again with views of Ago Bay. The Bay Resort’s lounge on the top floor included a large open patio where the G7 attendees had group photos.
I whole heartedly recommend this beautiful resort.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chiho S
Reviewed 5 May 2017

This hotel located in Kashikojima, not so far from Ise Shinto Shrine, famous for G7 Summit venue 2016. Very tranquil, beautiful landscape from all rooms, it is so perfect place to relax. Also I am so interested in such a confortable harmony with Japanese traditional side and modern.
Because of geographical reason, maybe, this area is much blessed food qualities, especially seafoods.
Therefore, you must be able to satisfied with their wide range of seafood menu. (They have dress code)
Not only staying, they offer some activities as well, yoga, jazz live etc.
Highly recommended place, I personally would like to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need quiet room, request so at the time of reservation.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Hitomi K
志摩観光ホテル, マネージャー at Shima Kanko Hotel the Classic, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Thank you so much for writing a review about your recent visit to Shima Kanko Hotel. I very much appreciate your excellent review that you enjoyed our food and room. I will be sure to pass on your great words to all of our staff. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Shima Kanko Hotel one day.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel in a great location. I can see why Japan used this is a location for the G7 Summit in May 2016.

The service was impeccable, the views from the Guest Lounge were fabulous, and the hotel offers beautiful suites and rooms.

I congratulate and thank the hotel management of Miyako Hotels for a great experience.

Vishu

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank roshne
志摩観光ホテル, Reservation Staff at Shima Kanko Hotel the Classic, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

We came for lunch and ordered lobster and seafood curry lunch sets respectively. The restaurant has a stunning view towards the peaceful bay. The food was very delicious but I found the lobster set (¥14,000) a little bit light.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple