“Fantastic Country Pub”

The Fortescue Arms Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$23
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I absolutely love this pub, I dont live in the area, but when visiting my family in Millcombe this is my favourite pub. The beers are well kept and always a decent selection, food is really excellent, way above normal pub fare. The best thing is the welcome and atmosphere created by the landlords and staff. I am so happy that it is emerging from the pandemic and is ready to welcome its customers back. I very much look forward to a visit or two when I can get back to the UK.

Date of visit: June 2020
1  Thank Mitchly_the_expat
Write a reviewReviews (105)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our food was excellent as was the service. A really genuinely friendly landlord - lovely atmosphere- we will return!!

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank G5205XYrichardl
Reviewed 22 October 2020 via mobile

We visited this charming village pub having read on Devon live that their Sunday Lunch was very good (second in Devon apparently). We weren’t disappointed!! Everything was first class! The welcome from Ian and Adrian was warm and friendly, the ambiance was just right and the food was sublime! Massive Yorkshire pud, perfect roasties, beef cooked perfectly for our taste, delicious gravy and home made celery and lemon stuffing went beautifully with the roast chicken. All in all a really nice place to enjoy a Sunday roast and I’d say this place is second to none!!

Reviewed 20 October 2020 via mobile

We had pre-booked a table for Sunday lunch during our week long break in the area. The menu had great choices and was reasonably priced. The welcome and service was friendly and the food was top notch, especially the roast potatoes! It was a great start to our Devon break!

Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

Great spot off the beaten track. We visit annually and stay nearby, so always make an evening to pop in for dinner at this friendly pub. My partner had steak and ale pie, I had chicken pie and M-I-L had fish & chips. Generous portions, fresh, tasty - ‘wholesome, good, British pub grub’ best describes this warm, welcoming spot.

1  Thank JaxP1