“Beautiful facilities but poor customer service”

Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Nasugbu
Reviewed December 4, 2017

We booked for 3 pax at their deluxe room last weekend. The room is spacious with twin beds and a daybed but the supplies like towels, toiletries, water, glasses and slippers were incomplete, We paid for 3 pax so we are expecting that we each have a bottle of water but there was only one in the fridge. Not only that, there was only 1 face towel, only 1 set of toiletries and 1 glass. Then, we went to swim at the pool that night and requested for a beach towel. But the attendant said that the beach towel is no longer available. It was only 7pm and the pool is open until 9pm. (sigh) Their food is also not good. I don't think I will return or bring my family here unless they improve their services.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andy N

Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel with beach and pool views. Lots of water activities available such as jet ski, kayak, banana boat etc, the pool and surrounds are stunning. The room was nice and spacious, bed was a little firm but the ambience made up for it.
The spa was under construction but they were able to provide in room massage.
The breakfast inclusion is very limited. You are better off booking a room only rate and pay for breakfast separate to get more variety. On weekends they have small stalls available, creating a night food market feel. There is a separate bar and a pool table overlooking the beach/swimming pool. There is also a virtual reality gaming room available which is a value add feature!
Wifi is only available in the lobby but who needs internet when you have plenty of activities to do!!
Staff on the other hand can do a little improvement, they aren't very quick to greet you and I had to be right in front of them before they notice you. Overall I enjoyed my stay and surely will be back!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

Wifi
As with Canyon Woods, there are no wifi in the rooms; only in the lobby and it's free and relatively strong.
Pool
The pool is big but I didn't see a lifeguard. It was full with patrons towards late afternoon and evening. I saw a toddler peeing a foot from the pool. Use the pool in the morning; it opens at 9.
Beach
The island is still being constructed but there are other activities to do aside from swimming. We had barbecue dinner there.
Gym
This is listed under health services but it's not available yet. I can't wait to try this next time.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2017

We've got our room from the travel expo in MOA Arena. we got the room for 2 days and 1 night stay good for 4 persons for 3,500. The day before our stay there I called them and tried to ask if they have another room that we could get because we have one (1) more companion added in our group. But unfortunately all the rooms are sold out. That's why I asked them if I could add 1 more person in our room, we offered to pay the extra fee, at first they allowed us to add 1 more person for P800. but as to our surprise after 2-3 hours, they called me again and told me that it's not allowed to add one more person in our room, and informed me that they now have one (1) room available because somebody just backed out from their booking. They shouldn't be trusted, because they have now a room available, they are convincing me to get another room.

Other than that our stay is quite pleasant except for the smell of the room. And the room that they gave us have cockroach in the bathroom. They just clean our room after our complaint.

The food is expensive and taste's bad. If you're planning on staying here you should bring your own food. And bring your own water.

The good part on this resort is that they have activities inside like (Jet ski, kayak, banana boat ride, snorkling and many more)

This place is not that bad but it's not that good either. You just get what you paid for.

As for the size of the rooms, I don't know if it's just our room but the room is not as big as you see in the pictures. So don't expect too much like me. I've been honestly disappointed when I saw the room because it's not what they've been advertised.

Room Tip: Ask for a two (2) twin bed rather than 1 king size bed. it's much comfortable than 3 people shar...
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

This is my second time here. The first time was Valentines Day in 2015 booked via Agoda at about P4.5-5k per night. This time I tried using Metrodeal voucher on a weekday which is a much cheaper rate of P2.9k. And for the price, definitely worth it mainly because the pool and beach were good to swim in during this visit. Although housekeeping and customer service were poor, there was no wifi in the rooms and pool area, food in the restaurant takes ages to be served and tastes nothing great, overall for the price I paid still not bad. But if you pay regular room rates like what I paid for the first time I went which is about P5k, maybe try some other place. For me, the best thing about this place is the huge pool and the beach is very accessible. Unlike in Punta Fuego and in Pico de Loro where it is such a hassle to go to the beach because it is too far from the rooms. If there's still Metrodeal promo, will definitely go back!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nasugbu
15.2 km away
42.7 km away
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay

Been to Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!