“Absolute Leisure in a Tropical Place”

Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Nasugbu
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Canyon Cove Hotel and Spa is situated in the municipality of Nasugbu in the Province of Batangas. Approximately 2 to 3 hours travel from Manila passing through the famous Tagaytay. This amenity will surely give you an unforgettable stay.

Dubbed as one of the Hotel with the Biggest Pool in the Philippines with around 208 posh-ly designed rooms, it gives you access to a breathtaking sight of pristine white beach and memorable and magical staycation.

Canyon Cove has various ammenities including their 208 rooms varying from standard to deluxe to an executive suite. Their security is worth commending as upon arriving at thw vicinity, you will be asked to present a valid ID and count of individuals who are entering and sraying within the vicinity. Someone cannot just enter unless one has a reservation.

TIP: it is advisable to bring a car going to canyon cove ultimately to remove the hassle of commuting.

I went to Canyon Cove for a company event and upon arriving we were welcomed by the hotel front desk officers and got some information needed for checking in. It took us around 5 to 10 minutes of info and data verification before checking in. We took 2 deluxe room which can fit up to 4 individuals. Getting inside the room, i was captivated by the wood panelled windows and a bed adjacent to the window. I believe the bed was reserved for kids who are travelling with family. Restroom have hot and cold shower and spacious enough to move. One comment i had was with the bed as its wood framing are producing noise in every movement you do when sleeping.

Going around the vicinity to check the facilities, i noticed the big swimming pool with dark blue colored water very inviting to dip and swim. You had a nice view and access to the pristine white beach with huts where you can stay. A beach volleyball court is also available though you need to rent the volley ball for 200.00 per hour. Beach towels are also available for rent. One thing i noticed is that, there is no dedicated lifeguard by the beach. Since it is accessible to anyone, i highly suggest to keep an eye to your companions especially the kids.

Canyon cove has Island cafe which serves you varieties of Filipino food. Foods are delish and comes at a reasonable price. Average amount per head per meal will be aboyt 250.00 to 300.00 but it is suggested to order food for sharing.

Blu Bar is also open where you can get drinks should you wanted to have some fun. They serve local beers at 100.00 and cocktails plus bottles and shots of hard liquor. Note that cocktails are not served inside the room.

Overall, i had a nice stay at Canyon Cove. Recommended for families!

Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business

Reviewed August 10, 2016

Room was specious enough for a family with 2 kids below 10 years old. Having a veranda/patio was great however we felt that the housekeeper forgot to clean our patio before we checked in. Food offered in the restaurant was the standard Max's Restaurant menu which seemed to have higher prices. Considering that the place only had around 3 occupied tables when we arrived for dinner, food service was slow. Lobby was super hot and line at the Front Desk was chaotic. Check out was super slow. I reminded the Front Desk agent that I still have the Php2,000 deposit since we paif for our dinner and room service in cash. Front Desk agent gave me an envelope for my receipt. When I was about to join my family in the car, I realized that the Php2,000 wasn't inside the envelope. I came back and told the girl that she failed to give me my deposit. She said she did and that I have to check all my bags. I was only carrying my hand bag that time as my husband took care of all the bags. I politely told her that it isn't in my bag and that I really don't remember her giving me any money. She insisted that she gave the money first and then the envelope with receipt. I stood firm and said I would like to speak to a supervisor or manager. She then said that I should wait - without explaining why. After 10 minutes of standing and sweating, i asked another employee what was taking so long and she said they are reviewing the CCTV cameras. I think I stood about 15-20 minutes without anyone telling me what was happening or giving me any updates. After what seemed like 20 minutes, the Front Desk Agent returned and simply handed me Php2,000 and said "Eto na po, ma'am". No explanation. No apologies. Nothing. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
5  Thank C L
Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

My team decided to hold our away day in this resort. The place has a huge swimming pool and nice beach front. The hotel itself is a bit old though, but still nice. I hope they renovate it and make it more beautiful. The team had a lot of fun here. Will go back with my family next time.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank Ches_Supangan
fomccove, Front Office Manager at Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2016

We highly appreciate the kind and honest feedback you shared with us reference to your experience at Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you have utilised our facilities and services with satisfaction.

Rest assured we will continuously improve our services and add more facilities that will make our guests experience more memorable. We look forward to welcoming you again at Canyon Cove in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2016

The beaches in Nasugbu are not that great. But his place is a surprise! Even when it was still called "White Cove" it was a stand out in the area. 1st class design and layout, manicured surroundings, one of the first large pools on a beach resort in the area, and transplanted white sand. The buffet is worth the price. Do come here !!! You would think and feel that you were somewhere else, without spending a dime more.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GOFAR71

Thank you very much for your great feedback following your recent stay at Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa and for recommending us on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay, from the outdoor facilities to dining at our main restaurant. Feed backs like these are what inspire us to go beyond expectations in delivering quality service to our guests.

Once again thank you very much for your comments. On behalf of the entire team at Canyon Cove, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip here in Nasugbu.

Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I celebrate our wedding anniversary here every year for the last 4 yrs. We love its quiet ambiance, staff very friendly. They changed the food from Max's, but it's still good.
Cocktails from their bar a bit pricy but yum (Canyon Cove Splash is a must try). I think it's safe to say that we'll be visiting again next year. :)

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nica H

It gives me a great pleasure to read your remarkable feedback describing your recent experience at Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa. Likewise I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for acknowledging the ambience in our resort as well as the exceptional service of our dedicated staffs. Rest assured continuous efforts are done to ensure and maintain our facilities. Once again, thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit in our resort.

Oliver Villaflor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nasugbu
15.2 km away
42.7 km away
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay

Been to Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!