“Fun place to visit”

Iga-ryu Ninja Museum
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

The castle and playhouse are in one are where you learn about ninja tricks and their way of life. It was fun experience but more tailored towards children. There was no English translation for most of the tricks being shown which is something to note if you are visiting

1  Thank Zee337
"check their website"
"off the beaten track"
"noodle shop"

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

If you get bored of Temples and historical museums in Japan, you should visit this museum.
Must attend the tour and show of ninjas (400 JPY extra ticket fee)
During show camera is prohibited for record.

2  Thank Tolga N
Reviewed 17 November 2017

We only had time to see the museum and not the show. The museum is very educational and has some fun facts. More entertaining for kids than for adults.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

From Nagoya to the museum, the journey took approximately 3 hours. Since I’m not in a hurry and plan to just leisurely enjoy the journey, the long hour doesn’t really bother me that much. I bought Kintetsu Railway Pass therefore I can enjoy unlimited Kintentsu train for 2 days. From Kintetsu-Nagoya I have to transfer at Ise-Nakagawa for Iga-Kambe. From Iga-Kambe I took Iga Railway and stop at Uenoshi station. The museum is only about 8 minutes walk from Uenoshi station. Please note that the museum is in the same area as Iga-Ueno Castle and Basho Memorial Museum. Therefore you can visit these 2 places after you are done experiencing the Ninjas.
The Ninja Museum is quite small. Furthermore, there are a lot of local visitors with their kids on that day. So it’s quite crowded but I think the staff manage to proceed with the explanation quite well. Too bad the explanation is actually in Japanese but there are bunting in English. Same goes with the live performance. It was conducted in Japanese but don’t underestimate the power of body language. You’ll get the joke. Don’t worry. I really enjoyed the live ninja performance and was given the chance to go to the stage to try to shoot a balloon. Maybe because I’m the only foreigner over there at that time. For a better ninja experience you can wear the ninja costume available at “Ninja Henshin Dokoro (ninja transformation spot). Although I really enjoy my visit to the museum but since I’m went there as a solo traveler I didn’t enjoy it to the max, therefore I would recommend fellow traveler to go in group so that you can have better ninja experience with friends or families.