The Woodside Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Cromlix(Kinbuck)
View Hotel
The Queen's Hotel(Bridge of Allan)
View Hotel
The Royal Hotel(Bridge of Allan)
Carisdene(Stirling)
  • Restaurant
All reviewswarm welcomefriendly hotelbit datedthe ownerlovely stafffriendly servicelovely mealpiehomely feeldoune castlemany thanksdecent sizedown to earthpublic areasmains and dessertsworth a visitgreat food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

What a lovely quirky friendly Hotel
I went to stay there Saturday gone 18th as I was going to a Christening at Dunblane Cathedral on Sunday 19th
Warm welcome Lovely home cooked food I had the steak pie which was beautiful with a Sticky Toffee pudding and Ice Cream .Totally lip smacking delicious !!
The breakfast also . Staff were so delightfully polite . I loved the mix match of bedroom furnishings ,spotlessly clean Total home comfort ! Lovely to see a dog friendly Hotel ! I’m sure it was the proprietor asked me what time would I like breakfast ! How sweet was that !
I travel all around the world with my work and stay in Hotels up to £400 a night .
I felt like part of the family here and would come back here without hesitation
Keep up the good work all your lovely staff are exemplary !
Many thanks to all of you lovely people !

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank w2tjp
Reviewed November 10, 2017

11 of us had a family birthday meal and we all had a fantastic time. Great friendly service and we were all looked after and involved with our order. The owner made such a fuss over my two nieces is was lovely. Everyone enjoyed their meals, starters, mains and desserts. Also there was a great jazz band playing, one Sunday a month. Amazing.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank mroxy007
Reviewed October 19, 2017

We recently stopped overnight on our way to our new home on Skye. We had stayed overnight earlier in the year and knew they accepted dogs but we had a Cockatiel bird that we had to transport with us. I contacted the hotel before booking to check if they could accomodate us and they were really helpful. We had such a warm welcome from the staff and our bird even had a greeting by name. The staff are so lovely here that I think a lot of other hotels should send their staff here for training.
Yes the building and the rooms can look a bit dated, but we had a warm comfortable stay. The food in the bar is good and reasonably priced. Overall very pleased and will be staying again on any journeys we make back to England.

Room Tip: If you have any specific requirements, just give the hotel a call and I'm positive they will try to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank annclare01
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Did not need to book plenty of room and also plenty parking.attentive staff and a sort of family feel to it.very good menu with a good variety on it.good fresh food and decent size portion.nice relaxing venue.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank alan116
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful old hotel untouched by modern times and run by friendly and hospitable hotelier Suzanne and her welcoming staff. Within easy reach of Callander for the rural Jazz & Blues Festival and Loch Loman and the excellent Deanston Single Malt Whisky Distillery plus Doune Castle used in hit TV series Game Of Thrones. Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends