“Great Restaurant with amazing food”

Restaurant Pfefferschiff
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Hallwang
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I have had a businss dinner in the restaurant with a larger group of people. We had a wonderful evening with delicious and innovative food with incredients from the region, great Austrian wines and cheese. All in all I can highly recomment this restaurant.
Only the interior of the restaurant is a little outdated in my opinion, compared to other restaurants at the same level. But this recommendation is about food and not about architecture, therefor everything was perfect.

1  Thank Ale x

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We were looking forward to having lunch at Restaurant Pfferfferschiff on the invitation of friends, and the open air environment contributed to our expectations.
The beef ordered by two of the party was very unsatisfactory, and my venison order was simply mediocre. The restaurant does not have a cheese trolley, and the waiter carelessly offered to put together a few pieces of cheese among their collection of some 30 different kinds, which I declined.
I hope that ours was a single event and good reputation will not lead to deterioration of the restaurant's quality.

1  Thank Celik K
Iris V, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Pfefferschiff, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Many thanks for her judgement.
It is a pity that we havn´t met her expectations.
During the summer months if it is so hot we serve the cheese more chilly
I hope you have for this understanding.
In expectation to be allowed to welcome you again in our house...

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We went to Pfefferschiff for lunch. The food was modern, interesting combinations and beautifully presented, with seasonal choices. Excellent service and a good choice of Austrian wines completed this superb experience. The restaurant has a nice countryside setting only 10 min from central Salzburg. Worth a visit or a d-tour!

2  Thank Elk1328
Reviewed 13 July 2017

To me, this is the best restaurant in Salzburg. Good quality ingredients, treated well, respecting the austrian traditional gastronomy and always looking for an uplifted touch of innovation. All very well balanced!
As well, the location and the personal is very welcoming and makes it very enjoyable. Wine pairing is worthy and the cheese trolley is very complete!
The price is for special occasions, although the quality price/quality is better than the other hi end restaurants in the region.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

This restaurant has been highly rated by many experienced reviewers and we were eager to check it out. We too are foodies and you may have seen my reviews of restaurants from many countries over the world. This one provided a Lovely setting, superb service, but was without a doubt overly pretentious. The setting down of a once used fork or empty plate resulted in the arrival of two wait persons, who swiftly carried away the evidence. Similarly, all new plates seemed to require two people for delivery. The amuse-bouche, the cleansing courses, the beautiful artistry of each plate , and superb flavors were wonderful. However the waits between courses became aggravatingly slow and the $6.50 charge for what appeared to be tap water in a clear bottle seemed a little over the top. Serving sizes were much less than the photos show--my deer calf loin consisted of two 50 cent size pieces of meat atop a 1/4" inch deep smear of mashed potatoes--ahhh, but with the most delicious cherry sauce imaginable; my husband's order of steak was again wonderful, but miniscule. Artistry seems most important-. One of the menu items included a tiny 1" clay flower pot, filled with something like strawberry sorbet, and had a tiny little white flower planted in it. Many of the plates had a design of spread food decorated with created red or green berries or flowers which had been made of crushed red fruit or green peas or some other appropriately colored item. We had opted for the five-course fixed price menu, but the menu itself was confusing with each item individually priced as well as totaled. My lone gin and tonic was priced at $14 for the gin,$3.70 for the tonic water, The food itself could not have been better. At the end of two hours, tired and maybe a bit jet-lagged, we called a halt to it, opted out of the desert (which I will forever regret), paid our $226.70 Euro bill and escaped. If you are very patient and want to enjoy a lot of theater with your food, this might be the place--overall, it seemed to me like a food farce, an unnecessary exaggeration of dining and maybe a bit like a Barbie Doll Tea party.

1  Thank SpringValleyCarol