FindHotel
Trip.com
Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews beach resort pool party swimming pool north goa will visit again special thanks front office house keeping sea view memorable stay wooden bridge restaurant manager breakfast spread food quality beautiful location deluxe room must visit place
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 March 2021

It is with utter disgust and displeasure I am writing this review. This has been the most disappointing experience I have ever had in any hotel and the first time I have immediately checked out of a hotel ever! I know the ashwem/Morjim/mandrem area well and previously stayed in Vaayu Beach Resort in their beachfront eco rooms so I am no stranger to 3-4 star hotels and eco type rooms.

My entire purpose for visiting Riva was because I was considering hosting my wedding there. Unfortunately due to covid my plans got cancelled and I had to reschedule my stay. Everything was great and coordinated with the reservations and wedding desk. I was looking even forward to visiting the property with my partner and parents. However to my utter disbelief when I checked in at 3pm (regular check in is 2pm), there was a huge Holi festival with loud music and no covid protocol whatsoever all throughout the hotel!! Now I am not objecting at all to hosting a festival, BUT AT NO POINT IN MY COMMUNICATION WAS IT EVER MENTIONED PRIOR TO MY BOOKING!!! This is extremely shocking as well as really inconsiderate as I had spent 2 hours travelling from south Goa just to visit your hotel along with my aged parents and that too on a trip to consider the hotel for a wedding...

The check in process was crowded, holi colours were being thrown everywhere landing on my bags, my room was not even ready in spite of arriving 1 hour after normal check in and giving a heads up. The rooms were wet and disgusting. Bathrooms extremely dirty. Supposedly the festival was on until 11pm. While I was checking in, there were even people throwing up right in front of my room and passing out on the lawns with beer bottles and trash everywhere.
Is it not basic courtesy to inform anyone in advance about this festival, especially a customer considering your resort for one the most important day of their lives? Or is your topmost priority just to drive sales and fill the rooms come what may?

I implore all prospective guests to please seriously consider staying here or even hosting your wedding here. Absolutely no consideration for guests and unfortunately seems like no focus on maintaining standards - priority is just to fill rooms however possible.

Reviewed 17 March 2021 via mobile

RIVA is in mandrem and is a must stay in case u want memorable experience. A river and sea both at one place with a rare combination of "best property with best food and nice n friendly staff". Staffs behavior matters a most for a pleasant memorable stay. I booked the property for 2 days but extended to 4 days. I must mention n give credit to the lady at reception named Divya, a true n genuine professional in hotel industry . She goes an extra mile to make your stay comfortable and homely.

Anupam

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2021 via mobile

Disappointing experience all in all have said for early check for just 1 hour before but hardly anyone cares. We were allotted rooms by the hotel timings only.

Too much construction going on at the hotel. Deluxe room pathetic location of the room you can see only workers around the rooms, avoid at any cost staying in deluxe rooms. Pool is nice and clean you can have some fun here and beach is 5 mins walk from the hotel not bang on the beach.

Breakfast total disaster no girls or boys to serve we have to get up everytime for little things there is no one to serve or for help. Just they are eager to clear your plates thats it.

No proper parking we have to park on the road. Better hotels towards Morjim for a happier stays.

Reviewed 16 March 2021

Awesome Stay!!
Had an amazing stay at Riva beach Resort!! Special thanks to Divya for providing us with our requests. Would definitely recommend Riva beach resort for an enjoyable stay and would love to come back again.

Reviewed 10 March 2021 via mobile

Very small rooms hardly breathe . View more pathetic from rooms . Only location is ok . Breakfast was okey not so great . Staff is also okey . Room intercom not working . Had bad experience. Beach is near by just walking distance. Not so clean and tidy resort . Construction going on