All reviews pool area sea view old town lovely hotel hotel is situated juliet balcony both breakfast and dinner junior suite reception staff bit dated large room pool towels air con nice pool cold meats lovely holiday buffet style
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the end of the tourist season, so the hotel was not busy. Our impression was that the hotel was shabby and tired. The carpet was stained in places, a lamp shade was torn, and the cleaning could have been much better.
Our room was spacious. Breakfast offerings were extensive. The walk to the old town was a pleasant stroll, and offered several options for dining.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2018

A short taxi ride from the ferry, an easy walk, 25 mins along the sea path brings you to Marko Polo. We found the decor a little dated and tired looking, especially our room overlooking the pool. Very good service from Reception.
Breakfast is very good, plenty of variety.
This hotel appears to be popular with bus tour groups.
Swimming pool with a view of the old town in the distance is very nice.

Room tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2018

The hotel is well located within walking distance from the old city.

Room: I hadn't booked a sea facing room, on arrival I did check with front desk staff but they only had one sea facing room available which they said was small. The lady offered to take me up to the room to see the room, it was quite tiny so I decided to stay with the room facing the road. The view from here was still great looking towards a residential area.

Cleanliness: Room and hotel well maintained and clean.

Staff: Helpful, friendly.

Breakfast: Good spread, sufficient options for everyone.

Dinner: Ate once at hotel, if you are not keen on buffet the dining options of menu are fairly pricey. Buffet was well priced though and more value than going to nearby restaurants.

Pool area: Stunning views great place to relax

Overall good hotel, which I'd recommend.

Room tip: sea facing
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from Korcuka after staying at the Marko Polo having booked with Tui. When we arrived at the hotel it was very late due to a transfer of almost 4 hours, we had no food on arrival but would like to state this is the fault of Tui not the hotel. It was also the end of season so limited places open to get food I would like to say the receptionist was so helpful and ensures we had some fruit in the event we could not find somewhere for food. The room was spacious and very clean, the cleaners change towels daily and made up the room every other day. The breakfast is vast in choice so I would say something for everyone, my only complaint with breakfast is the coffee which is absolutely awful in fact only get black coffee as the other is undrinkable. On leaving the hotel as we left before breakfast the hotel provided us with a bag of food which I was not expecting and was very grateful for this as the transfer is long. I would stress to anyone staying in Korcula make sure you take food for the journey as it's a long time without food and if late at night you may find no food on arrival, again I will stress this is not the fault of the hotel. If I was to visit again I would most certainly stay at this hotel but would never use Tui again as it would be easy enough to organise without the holiday company and the holiday company demonstrate poor customer service where the hotel demonstrates good customer service.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Hotel very clean and staff very helpful. Thought food was a little bland but extensive choice at breakfast. Coffee from machine tasted sweet, probably the milk from machine. Pleasant walk down to the harbour and walled town. As it was a Sunday and bank holiday Monday local buses not available.