“Hit or Miss”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed May 28, 2024

Weve flown lots of times with virgin ,this was the worse ever. We got to the boarding gate , they then informed us we would be late. THE tannoy system you could hardly here. The boarding was a shambles ,unless your in 1st class. The pre ordered meal was a total joke ( the biggest shambles I've ever seen ). We had No Entertainment as it wasn't working AND they clearly new that. We were in premium , and you'd expect better. I BET RICHARD BRANSON doesn't have these problems . WEVE FLOWN 20 PLUS TIMES. THIS WAS A TOTAL SHAMBLES. When we arrived in barbados ,they asked us about are experience , Which we replied , and they didn't respond to that. Dreadfull virgin, you'd expect so much better.

1  Thank Kevin S

Reviewed May 28, 2024

My wife and I travel to London frequently, and these days Business (upper) class. We had a comfortable business class flight to London in April on Delta, and I was highly anticipating the return flight on Virgin Atlantic, VS 105 on May 28, as I had heard good things about your airline. WHAT A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!!! Their upper class cabin was at least 10 years old compared to Delta and the compartments were NOT very comfortable; nor were they what was advertised in theirupper class video! Compared to Delta there was little privacy. I’ve been on several premium economy flights in which I was more comfortable. Further, the Entertainment did not work at all. An almost 9 hour flight in poor compartments without entertainment. For this I was charged us an exhorbitant amount of money? Adding insult to injury, they have the nerve to charge 30 GBP for internet in upper class. This is the worst airline value I have ever experienced and we have traveled all over the world for the past 30 years.

1  Thank SANTraveler8
Reviewed May 24, 2024

Worst experience ever : I paid an extra , 2 weeks prior to the flight, to get a window on this 11+ hours flight.
Arriving at the airport, I was surprised to have a seat in the middle with no option to change as the flight was full.
I was very polite to ask the hostess if any possibilities... it was not possible , they don t offer me any option, compensation or even à smile
I am travelling a lot and this is the first time it happens. First and last time with Virgin Atlantic for sure

Reviewed May 23, 2024

We fly several times per month but this was our first time on Virgin Atlantic. We were looking forward to experiencing Virgin Atlantic because of their ads and other impressions- we thought that it was a high class airline. However, when we got on the plane, an A330-300, it was quite dirty and very worn. Neither of the touch screens worked for our seats. I was able to work it by taking about 5-10 tries to select one thing but my wife just gave up. However, the worst situation was the seat spacing of 29". I am only 6'1" but my knees were against the seat in front even with my back pushed tight against my seat. When the seat in the front of me reclined, It was on top of my knees and I had to angle my legs to avoid pain- very difficult to sleep this way. The A330-300 may be their worst plane for seat spacing but we think that it is unforgivable to provide transatlantic flights with that setup. All of their major competitors offer at least 2" more space for economy seats and some are 6" more. Provided this feedback to Virgin Atlantic a month ago- and no response.

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank craigd437
Reviewed May 22, 2024

1. When flying and Paying for Upper Class I expect things to be working properly. My seat along with maybe 4-5 others weren't working properly and flight attendants had to manually adjust them every time. Like they have time for that. It made me feel like the plane wasn't maintained properly.

2. This airline is owned by a billionaire who blasts himself into space, yet here they are begging for dollars for charity from their customers. Really? That, in itself, turned me off this airline forever. As if Upper Class customers don't give enough to charities on our own. Mr Branson, you should be ashamed of yourself! It was insulting!

3> the App doesn't work. Neither me nor my friends could use it to check in. Had to go to the web site to do anything. Do better!

4. I joined Virgin Red, no points have shown up. The flight attendant even took my number to make sure I was taken care of. nope, nothing there. But it really doesn't matter. I have many other airlines to choose from, and this will not be on my list anyway.

2  Thank Preppy R
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.