“One of the worst flight experience in my life”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst experience ever : I paid an extra , 2 weeks prior to the flight, to get a window on this 11+ hours flight.
Arriving at the airport, I was surprised to have a seat in the middle with no option to change as the flight was full.
I was very polite to ask the hostess if any possibilities... it was not possible , they don t offer me any option, compensation or even à smile
I am travelling a lot and this is the first time it happens. First and last time with Virgin Atlantic for sure

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We fly several times per month but this was our first time on Virgin Atlantic. We were looking forward to experiencing Virgin Atlantic because of their ads and other impressions- we thought that it was a high class airline. However, when we got on the plane, an A330-300, it was quite dirty and very worn. Neither of the touch screens worked for our seats. I was able to work it by taking about 5-10 tries to select one thing but my wife just gave up. However, the worst situation was the seat spacing of 29". I am only 6'1" but my knees were against the seat in front even with my back pushed tight against my seat. When the seat in the front of me reclined, It was on top of my knees and I had to angle my legs to avoid pain- very difficult to sleep this way. The A330-300 may be their worst plane for seat spacing but we think that it is unforgivable to provide transatlantic flights with that setup. All of their major competitors offer at least 2" more space for economy seats and some are 6" more. Provided this feedback to Virgin Atlantic a month ago- and no response.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank craigd437
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

1. When flying and Paying for Upper Class I expect things to be working properly. My seat along with maybe 4-5 others weren't working properly and flight attendants had to manually adjust them every time. Like they have time for that. It made me feel like the plane wasn't maintained properly.

2. This airline is owned by a billionaire who blasts himself into space, yet here they are begging for dollars for charity from their customers. Really? That, in itself, turned me off this airline forever. As if Upper Class customers don't give enough to charities on our own. Mr Branson, you should be ashamed of yourself! It was insulting!

3> the App doesn't work. Neither me nor my friends could use it to check in. Had to go to the web site to do anything. Do better!

4. I joined Virgin Red, no points have shown up. The flight attendant even took my number to make sure I was taken care of. nope, nothing there. But it really doesn't matter. I have many other airlines to choose from, and this will not be on my list anyway.

1  Thank Preppy R
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Original flight cancelled about 24 hours in advance thus lost a vacation day- vacation days are a treasure plus needed to make all kinds of adjustments for our arrival; told the flight was canceled because Virgin flies old plans thus sometimes don't fly across the Atlantic because need to do alot of maintenance. Upper class seats were too small (barely shoulder width) & were uncomfortable. Equipment in the seat not logical and got no help from flight crew. Generally ignored by flight crew-had to ring bell to get anything when saw them go around to other customers; also they were very disorganized in how they managed customers, usually this is quite logical (left to right seat front to back row). These attendants hopped around in an illogical style. Usually fly to Europe business class & this was worst experience ever. Was looking forward to flying Virgin Atlantic but this was the biggest disappointment ever. Also trying to reach their customer service preflight was awful- the website chat function never worked; finally found a US acceptable phone number but wasn't easy. 1st time automated voice said to call back as too busy to take more calls. 2nd try, finally got a lovely man who was quite helpful, but it was a lot of work. I don't plan on flighting Virgin Atlantic again.

1  Thank debbiea451
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent staff, welcoming and helpful, great food - very comfortable…highly recommend. Thought the inflight movies could be better - but maybe that is just because there isn’t a lot of good films out at the mo.

1  Thank fionaw319
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.