“Better than BA- carry your own food!”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed April 17, 2024

The flight was launched on April 1st and I travelled on 4th April. We were on Economy Delight. All the middle seats were unoccupied but otherwise full. Staff were pleasant and attentive. Seats were marvellous. plenty of legspace ( we were in row 48) the back rows didn't have much. We were on the dreamliners, so the inclines were really good. The flight got frozen after 2 hours making it very uncomfortable ( so carry a thick hoodie) because the blankets are too short to cover you from head to toe. The in-flight entertainment is fabulous. The food, is shockingly bad. It's way worse than BA ( and BA is pretty bad). There was one meal and one snack on the 10 hour flight. The snack was over burnt pastry with some kind of spicey filling. The meal was tiny and inedlible. Barely any choices. My husband pre-selected vegetarian meal and yet it had run out. I can't eat Indian food because of the spices and they did not have any other choices so I did not eat the food at all, nor any alternatives were provided. Taste-wise , as I ate in one leg of the journey- was pretty bad. I would advise for long journeys carry your own food. Wine served was in cans- that was pretty strange to me. Unlike BA who claims they are following some regulations- we were not sprayed with disinfectant on the aircraft. This is only done in BA and now after VA, I think it's a racist move on part of BA.

1  Thank Curiosity40517794535

Reviewed April 14, 2024

So we flew to New York for a holiday for me and my partner , is a great trip
7 hours before we are due to fly home the flight is cancelled
They then say they will rebook us on a new flight to hear nothing for hours , checked the app to find out we have been booked on one 20 hours later and have now seated us apart even though we booked 8 months ago to guarantee we are together.
When I queried this I was told “seats are not guaranteed” but wouldn’t do anything to assist , we couldn’t downgrade as premium economy has 2 bags with a higher weight limit compared to economy so would of ended up costing us to downgrade. So we where stuck with no options and absolutely no help given
The flight is fine if you get what you booked but would not recommend these guys to anyone

1  Thank Hasselvoss
Reviewed April 14, 2024

Got to airport and because I have a new passport my esta for entry to USA was null and void, UK passport office could attach a circular to new applications explaining the fact!! Jackie Andrews in customer services was brilliant. She explained by predicament , helped with applying for new esta and although I missed my original flight she booked me on the next available flight. She made a stressful situation tolerable with her professional and calm manner. Jackie Andrews is a credit to herself and Virgin Airlines. Thank you so much.

Reviewed April 14, 2024

After putting in a bid to upgrade for 2 people, a few days layer we received an email advising we had been outbid, so suggest we up our bid, we did & of course got our upgrade, only to find on boarding virgin airline we were no seated together, although hostesses were very helpful there was no way we could be seated adjacent to each other.this bidding system is a complete farse,don't be tempted to try it after all you have to pay for everyone in your booking & seats are allocated at check-in only. Virgin has gone down in our estimation, the premium cabin is certainly not worth the extra expense. & no-one really cares in customer service. Shall be flying with another airline next time. Virgin should take note as there is a lot of ill feeling on this site.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank porchaYorkshire
Reviewed April 12, 2024

Fantastic experience on a 21 day old plane - "Wendy Darling." The plane is very new that everything was extremely fresh and shiny - the entertainment screen was very responsive and a great size with lots of options for movies and tv. The meals we had were pre-ordered and were excellent - piping hot and fresh and a decent portion size. We also loved the pre departure welcome drink and the fact that we had priority baggage which meant we could check in earlier than economy class. The crew were excellent - friendly, professional and courteous. I also loved the fact that there was a tailcam on this aircraft which was great to watch during take off and landing. Ample room in the seat area and charging points for headphones and phones etc. I would defo recommend bringing your own noise cancelling headphones as the ones offered are not noise cancelling.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.