“Awful awful customer service!”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed April 5, 2024

Virgin cancelled my flight to China with less than 24 hours notice and downgraded me from premium economy to economy on a much later departure with a Chinese airline. No compensation offered! They refused to book me in the same class with BA who had alternative flights.

Avoid like the plague. I paid extra to book with Virgin thinking at least I get good service if things go wrong, couldn’t have been more wrong! Clearly they don’t care about their customers anymore and will not help you out even if they cause things to go wrong!

3  Thank Qwerty219

Reviewed April 1, 2024

Very nice crew ok leg room a lot of movie choices and nice landing and takeoff I would recommend. This airline and be the best for most including me.

Date of travel: August 2023
Reviewed April 1, 2024

Flew Virgin both out (129) and return (130) to Tampa in Premium and firstly let me say the cabin crew were excellent on both journeys thank goodness. However the seat armrest on outbound was taped up with duct tape very unsightly and on return the aisle armrest was broken and the passenger behind me twice fell onto the aisle. My seat never fully sat up and wobbled. I do not find this acceptable in economy let alone Premium cabin. On our return the crew were late boarding and kept us waiting at the gate. The ground crew were excellent but I could see the Gate Manager was frustrated and several times she went out to the plane presumably to vent her patience. Finally on landing at LHR the pilot did an aborted landing when almost on the tarmac with no real reason given. I think this will probably have been our last flight with them and switch to BA. The ‘goody bag’ was an embarrassment made out of recycled paper and looked so cheap ( still using the old bags which were excellent). Like the travel bag everything was vegan friendly as was the food and ice lolly. My view is Virgin are going woke and will reap the ‘rewards ‘ for this

3  Thank catmum67
Reviewed April 1, 2024

Staff at both check-in and on-board are great. Overall experience was OK but nothing exceptional. I think they could improve the check-in experience at Heathrow. It was frustrating to wait in the queue when staffed desks stood empty. Boarding passes printed by self-service check-in machines did not work at the security/immigration scanner resulting in a return to check-in to get new ones.

Reviewed March 31, 2024

We paid for P/E seats for the leg room, seats, and the added extras.
We then paid again to select our seats. Whish we hadn't bothered, the crew outbound really couldn't be bothered, the flight was half empty with more empty seats in P/E than full, we were served our meals last and they ran out of the lasagne, and then on the breakfast service we were served last again and yet again they ran out of the meat option. This really isn't acceptable. I paid all that extra to be treated like the crew wish I wasn't onboard. I've worked as crew for 18 years and I would of been ashamed at the service offered O/B.
They ran out of apple juice, on a bonded bar with a half empty flight.
The wonder wall was joke....can not even begin to go into that shambles.
All in all a total waste of money. Very disappointed.

4  Thank 351kathrynn
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.