“Virgin standards drop”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed April 1, 2024

Flew Virgin both out (129) and return (130) to Tampa in Premium and firstly let me say the cabin crew were excellent on both journeys thank goodness. However the seat armrest on outbound was taped up with duct tape very unsightly and on return the aisle armrest was broken and the passenger behind me twice fell onto the aisle. My seat never fully sat up and wobbled. I do not find this acceptable in economy let alone Premium cabin. On our return the crew were late boarding and kept us waiting at the gate. The ground crew were excellent but I could see the Gate Manager was frustrated and several times she went out to the plane presumably to vent her patience. Finally on landing at LHR the pilot did an aborted landing when almost on the tarmac with no real reason given. I think this will probably have been our last flight with them and switch to BA. The ‘goody bag’ was an embarrassment made out of recycled paper and looked so cheap ( still using the old bags which were excellent). Like the travel bag everything was vegan friendly as was the food and ice lolly. My view is Virgin are going woke and will reap the ‘rewards ‘ for this

3  Thank catmum67

Reviewed April 1, 2024

Staff at both check-in and on-board are great. Overall experience was OK but nothing exceptional. I think they could improve the check-in experience at Heathrow. It was frustrating to wait in the queue when staffed desks stood empty. Boarding passes printed by self-service check-in machines did not work at the security/immigration scanner resulting in a return to check-in to get new ones.

Reviewed March 31, 2024

We paid for P/E seats for the leg room, seats, and the added extras.
We then paid again to select our seats. Whish we hadn't bothered, the crew outbound really couldn't be bothered, the flight was half empty with more empty seats in P/E than full, we were served our meals last and they ran out of the lasagne, and then on the breakfast service we were served last again and yet again they ran out of the meat option. This really isn't acceptable. I paid all that extra to be treated like the crew wish I wasn't onboard. I've worked as crew for 18 years and I would of been ashamed at the service offered O/B.
They ran out of apple juice, on a bonded bar with a half empty flight.
The wonder wall was joke....can not even begin to go into that shambles.
All in all a total waste of money. Very disappointed.

4  Thank 351kathrynn
Reviewed March 31, 2024

This was my first time flying Virgin and will never do it again. My bag did not make it on the flight, missed two flights getting to London and I’m still awaiting my bag almost two days later. I have nothing - it was all in my bag and have gotten zero assistance to get things in London. When you try to contact Virgin you can’t speak to anyone and are just directed to an automatic reply that is zero help. Incredibly frustrating.

1  Thank Curiosity612762
Reviewed March 30, 2024

Our original flight (Delta 21) from LHR to SEA was cancelled on Saturday which disturbed our plan. In order to get back home (US) before Monday, we had to book another flight to LAX (just to get back to US first).

My wife had an issue with online-checkin. We went to the airport to do in-person check in. We met Qi He who is an angel staff! When she heard our flight cancellation dilemma, she showed great care and empathy for us. Thanks to her kindness, we felt much better after speaking to her about our case.

And because of the previous online check-in issue, my assigned seat was too faaaar away from my wife's seat. And thanks to Qi He, she was able to find two closer seats for us so that I can take care of my wife during the 10-hour flight.

Even though we went through a hard time with our original flight cancelled, the Virgin Atlantic staff Qi He's kindness, professionalism, great attitude saved our day! She really saved our day! We need more people like her!

Date of travel: March 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.