“Horrible experience - lost luggage”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed March 31, 2024

This was my first time flying Virgin and will never do it again. My bag did not make it on the flight, missed two flights getting to London and I’m still awaiting my bag almost two days later. I have nothing - it was all in my bag and have gotten zero assistance to get things in London. When you try to contact Virgin you can’t speak to anyone and are just directed to an automatic reply that is zero help. Incredibly frustrating.

1  Thank Curiosity612762

Reviewed March 30, 2024

Our original flight (Delta 21) from LHR to SEA was cancelled on Saturday which disturbed our plan. In order to get back home (US) before Monday, we had to book another flight to LAX (just to get back to US first).

My wife had an issue with online-checkin. We went to the airport to do in-person check in. We met Qi He who is an angel staff! When she heard our flight cancellation dilemma, she showed great care and empathy for us. Thanks to her kindness, we felt much better after speaking to her about our case.

And because of the previous online check-in issue, my assigned seat was too faaaar away from my wife's seat. And thanks to Qi He, she was able to find two closer seats for us so that I can take care of my wife during the 10-hour flight.

Even though we went through a hard time with our original flight cancelled, the Virgin Atlantic staff Qi He's kindness, professionalism, great attitude saved our day! She really saved our day! We need more people like her!

Reviewed March 27, 2024

Friendly and helpful staff, attentive service and new planes. A pleasure to fly with.

British Airways could learn a great deal from Virgin!

Reviewed March 25, 2024

We flew on the A350 an overnight flight so were looking forward to a good nights sleep.
Crew were quick to give us dinner which was ok.
I was disappointed that the crew offered no help to turn the seat into flatbed nor offer of a duvet? I could have asked but not the point. Some passengers got in and went straight to sleep.
I found the seat quite uncomfortable with little lumbar support, never a problem on the Dreamliner!
My husband slept most of the flight but I managed about 4 hours
There wasn’t even the privilege of boarding first as premium was boarded at the same time!

Return flight from Mumbai was a day flight in premium. Again had to use pillows and blanket to give back support.
Much better crew who were attentive and chatty nothing too much trouble made for a pleasant flight.

The seats on the Dreamliner are substantial and comfortable but probably take up more space? I would think twice before flying in this aircraft again. A shame because I have a soft spot for Virgin.

Reviewed March 23, 2024

After all this time and numerous allegations this airline is still racist they only care about the British no one else they are racist against Chinese, African Americans and Muslims.

I bought 2 seats so ome next to me could be empty, they sit a WHITE lady next to me because her back hurts. Why not sit her by anther white person? The white kady in front of me had 2 empty seats as well instead make the black man give up his paid seat and they just better be glad im ready to get home or i would of caused a seen her back is not my problem who gets on a kong haul flight with back problems anyways? I would highly recommend avoiding them at all cost.

Date of travel: March 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.