“Excellent”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed February 20, 2024

One of the best flights we have flown on. The cabin crew we exceptional with special mention to Izzy who was amazing and such a lovely person. Great flight, food was lovely will fly with Virgin again. Thank you👍

Date of travel: February 2024

Reviewed February 20, 2024

Fantastic cabin crew! On 2nd February, the day of departure from Grenada, I encountered a series of unfortunate events. My personal belongings were stolen/lost, and I had to deal with the added stress of filing a police report. I did not have any functional credit card to buy snack at Grenada airport. As a result, I had not eaten for nearly 24 hours before my flight (since dinner the previous day) and was feeling physically drained before long journey back to London LHR. In the midst of these challenging circumstances, while I waited near departure gate at Grenada airport, flight attendant Mr. Ross, who waited nearby to preboard aircraft, approached me and noticed that I was not in the best condition. His genuine concern and empathy for my situation were truly touching. Upon learning about what had happened to me that day, Mr. Ross went above and beyond his duties to ensure my comfort and well-being, even prior being as passenger on board. He kindly offered me meal consisting of big chicken sandwich, chips, and drink, which I believe he personally paid by himself of his expenses. Furthermore, when I encountered difficulties with the ground staff of Grenada airport regarding my carry-on luggage (I carried valuable and expensive wooden model boat souvenir and they could not understand I may take 2 pieces of hand baggage in Upper Class), Mr. Ross stood by my side and advocated on my behalf, ensuring that I was able to board the flight without any further complications and not overpay for extra baggage wrongly. Once on board, he proactively cared for me as passenger till last moment and I was just sorry he disembarked in Barbados already. I firmly believe that exceptional employees like Mr. Ross deserve to be recognized and appreciated for their outstanding contributions. His actions not only restored my faith in humanity but also left a lasting impression on me about the level of care and service provided by Virgin Atlantic. His merits well represent this airline name, and he deserves distinction reward for his commitment. Especially because of this I will continue to choose Virgin Atlantic among other airlines for my future travel needs

Date of travel: February 2024
3  Thank honza478
Reviewed February 19, 2024

My wife & I booked our vacation, in July 2023, and could not achieve premium or upper class.
Two days before departure, to the Maldives, I received an e-mail that I was upgraded. However, I had entered my bid (the lowest possible), on Virgin's 'rip you off meter' and I achieved two seats, in the front row.
To make an analogy or two; your premier class, does not even meet the same standards as the 'TUI' or the 'AirTransat' premier class.
I was not supplied a 'Premier Class' breakfast, because, Virgin had 'been exhausted out; therefore, I had to accept a economy class breakfast.
Would I go 'Premier Class' again - No! The cattle class is as good & £755 cheaper!
Shame on you Virgin Atlantic Airways, this 'bidding process' is lamentable & a detriment to the civil liberties, of the human race.
P.S.
I would give this '0', of a star!

Date of travel: January 2024
2  Thank billy-the-cheater
Reviewed February 17, 2024

Ordered gluten free meals and they were extremely disappointing. Gluten free food does not mean rock hard, dry scones, hard unspreadable cream, main meals with no gravy and unhealthy carb rich options with small servings. Beware, the utensils are made out of white cardboard so by the time you finish the meal, the fork is bent up and cannot stick anything with the knife damp and again bent.
I will try to avoid flying with Virgin Atlantic in the future or bring my own food if there is no alternative option.

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed February 17, 2024

The flight was fine and the staff were accommodating. We paid for upgrades to Premium and were excited about this but sadly the seats weren't quite up to the expensive standard that I thought. There was clearly some sort of spillage that hadn't been cleaned up from the previous flight and left dried brown marks on the arm rest. Also, sadly, the screen that comes out of the arm rest was broken and there was no notice given of this, or any assistance with it in board. This did take the classy edge off the flight and given the expense of the seats we were offered nothing in return to rectify this problem. I did send this concern in to Virgin over the phone afterwards, but nothing came back from it.

I travel again to Las Vegas for a big celebration in March. I have however held off on the upgrade expenses as my confidence in Virgins attention to detail feels a little bit like a risk now. Its a shame because theres such a good feel to upgrading. BA were OUTSTANDING last summer!

I have footage but the image selector wont allow videos. Screen shots attached in stages.

Date of travel: April 2023
1  Thank Adsw35
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.