“Virgin Atlantic Airways - bidding for premium seats, are a con!”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed February 19, 2024

My wife & I booked our vacation, in July 2023, and could not achieve premium or upper class.
Two days before departure, to the Maldives, I received an e-mail that I was upgraded. However, I had entered my bid (the lowest possible), on Virgin's 'rip you off meter' and I achieved two seats, in the front row.
To make an analogy or two; your premier class, does not even meet the same standards as the 'TUI' or the 'AirTransat' premier class.
I was not supplied a 'Premier Class' breakfast, because, Virgin had 'been exhausted out; therefore, I had to accept a economy class breakfast.
Would I go 'Premier Class' again - No! The cattle class is as good & £755 cheaper!
Shame on you Virgin Atlantic Airways, this 'bidding process' is lamentable & a detriment to the civil liberties, of the human race.
P.S.
I would give this '0', of a star!

Date of travel: January 2024
2  Thank billy-the-cheater

Reviewed February 17, 2024

Ordered gluten free meals and they were extremely disappointing. Gluten free food does not mean rock hard, dry scones, hard unspreadable cream, main meals with no gravy and unhealthy carb rich options with small servings. Beware, the utensils are made out of white cardboard so by the time you finish the meal, the fork is bent up and cannot stick anything with the knife damp and again bent.
I will try to avoid flying with Virgin Atlantic in the future or bring my own food if there is no alternative option.

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed February 17, 2024

The flight was fine and the staff were accommodating. We paid for upgrades to Premium and were excited about this but sadly the seats weren't quite up to the expensive standard that I thought. There was clearly some sort of spillage that hadn't been cleaned up from the previous flight and left dried brown marks on the arm rest. Also, sadly, the screen that comes out of the arm rest was broken and there was no notice given of this, or any assistance with it in board. This did take the classy edge off the flight and given the expense of the seats we were offered nothing in return to rectify this problem. I did send this concern in to Virgin over the phone afterwards, but nothing came back from it.

I travel again to Las Vegas for a big celebration in March. I have however held off on the upgrade expenses as my confidence in Virgins attention to detail feels a little bit like a risk now. Its a shame because theres such a good feel to upgrading. BA were OUTSTANDING last summer!

I have footage but the image selector wont allow videos. Screen shots attached in stages.

Date of travel: April 2023
1  Thank Adsw35
Reviewed February 16, 2024

Probably the worst flight ever
Food disgusting
Seating terrible
Air crew very rude
Never again
I have had many flights around the world and this has to be one of my worst experience

Date of travel: March 2023
2  Thank lee m
Reviewed February 16, 2024

Beware! When I turned up on time at the gate, Virgin said I could not fly. I had booked a one-way flight to Cape Town and Virgin had never mentioned that South Africa requires proof of onward/return travel. It is their policy not to mention this. Happy to take your money, not bothered about ruining your holiday. Never again.

Date of travel: January 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.