“Virgin Atlantic and Indigo Codeshare Nightmare”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed February 12, 2024

I had a return flight ticket from Amritsar to LHR via Delhi . VA and Indigo has a code share agreement for Amritsar to Delhi flight. My return flight was on Dec 26th. I made it to Heathrow on 29th. Avoid this codeshare nightmare. When a Indigo flight is cancelled for any reason , the only option Indigo has is to email virgin… then you wait for response from Virgin for changes… non-existent service from both airlines. I was stuck in Amritsar for 2 days then had to take taxi to Delhi. Avoid codeshare flights to India. Each airline blames the other for the mess I was in.. paid for hotels and taxis due to their poor codeshare set up. I will never fly these two airlines again. No phone answering.. finally had to call a friend contact in hr dept in Indigo to change my itinerary from Delhi to LHR instead of ATQ - LHR so i could enter Delhi airport 😡…

Date of travel: December 2023

Reviewed February 12, 2024

I've been a fan of Virgin for many years. Their Upper Class product was always so refreshing from other airlines. Well not anymore. I'll get straight to the point.
Aircraft was dirty. Service was appalling - where do the staff go for hours on end? Food inedible. Felt uncomfortable asking for a drink. The Steward on the return journey was very rude. I don't think I'll be flying with them again. Such a shame.

Date of travel: January 2024
2  Thank lisaharris0n
Reviewed February 10, 2024

Two colleagues and I were traveling from Delhi to London when one of the travelers did not have his boarding passes printed before arriving at Airport. We went to the VA desk and they printed an itenerary and Rahul Jaiswal was kind enough to hand deliver and wait for our co-worker to get into the airport. Rahul quickly took what was a stressful situation and brought great customer service and kindness to the situation.

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank gothomps
Reviewed February 9, 2024

This is by far the worst airline, they have lost my luggage and it looks like they have no interest in looking for it. I am in a foreign country with nothing, because of negligence on behalf of Virgin Atlantic Airlines.

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank Pioneer47854558953
Reviewed February 9, 2024

Flew with Virgin again, and we have loved this airline for years and from Heathrow the lounge clubhouse is fantastic. great food, vibe and service.
Upper class flight out / Premium Economy back on A330-300.
Soft product - service out great, service back poor. i know the return is overnight but surely the cabin crew can be attentive rather than getting the lights out as soon as possible.
Hard product tired and dated. Surely the coffin seats in upper must be due replacement. Poor quality IFE screen in Upper and probably better in PE (you don,t get suites on carribean flights. Dirty and grubby. crumbs in table pull out in PE. (787 has same seats.)
Food is just OK in both classes but nothing to rave about anymore.
Wont be flying again until they sort out the service and product as they are not the airline they used to be! Others do it better for similar or less money

Date of travel: August 2023
1  Thank chris t
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.