“Virgin Atlantic Sale Pricing is a SCAM”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed February 1, 2024

I don't leave reviews often and try to leave as many good reviews as bad, but Virgin Atlantic customer services have really got my goat this morning. I booked a flight at the weekend in their sale, which was the same price up to the end of the sale last night (and the flights are still basically empty being months in 10 months in advance). Now this morning it is £375 cheaper! Customer services were not interested and their position was live availability pricing tricked you into buying in our sale - more fool you. So avoid their sales to sucker you into booking months ahead and avoid their customer service team!

Date of travel: February 2024
2  Thank TimNBI

Reviewed January 31, 2024

Check in was easy. The aircraft was clean and comfortable. Flight on time and staff good fun and helpful. Amazingly the meals were excellent so I would travel again with Virgin.

Reviewed January 30, 2024

Asked for a refund a month ago and was told it would be up to 12 working days but am still yet to receive it. Reached out to them on chat and was told it was not actioned and still have not received it. Make sure you read the terms and conditions as they do not offer name changes or vouchers so they will take £230 per ticket off of the value of what you paid….. awful customer service - would not use.

1  Thank T2743CJrobertd
Reviewed January 28, 2024

Flew to Vegas on New Year’s Day for my partner’s 40th birthday with an indirect flight via Seattle. The layover was only 1hr 15min and when arriving at Heathrow we were told we had to collect baggage in Seattle and get through immigration then check it back in. We knew this would be impossible in that time and sure enough we missed our connecting flight. No more flights to vegas that day so we had to go via Salt Lake City and lost our first evening in Vegas. We then found out the day before returning home that our direct flight was cancelled and they had booked us onto an indirect flight that left later with a 10 HOUR LAYOVER in Atlanta. We would be arriving home 26 hours later than planned. We contacted them and none of the other options would get us home on the Saturday as planned, all would get back on Sunday. We had 2 dogs in boarding and there was no way we could do that, plus we would have no accommodation in the gap between leaving. We ended up having to cut our holiday short and leave Friday morning just so we could get home on an indirect flight. Contacted customer care when we returned and they were very unhelpful, no compensation offered for our awful experience where we only ended up with 2 decent days there as the rest was either cut short with delays and cancellations or spent desperately trying to get a flight back which just ruined our holiday for my partner’s special birthday. The flight was also very uncomfortable on the way out, very cramped and less space than Ryanair! Will not book with Virgin again!

Reviewed January 21, 2024

My trip, both flights, was substandard and incredibly disappointing. On my outbound flight from MIA to LHR MY KOSHER MEALS WERE INEDIBLE IN regard to FLAVOR, APPEARANCE, CONSISTENCY AND TEMPERATURE. my seats did not have leg rests as they promote online for premium seats. I paid $1100 trip for economy and an additional $980 to upgrade to premium. I tried to change my outbound flight to an earlier one on same day and the airline offered me the option for $8000 extra. Who has ever heard of that fare for an uncomfortable premium seat. Food and snack options were also significantly lacking. They had no fresh fruit, they had nasty limited bagged and prepackaged options. Overall an epic fail. same experience on the return flight from LHR TO MIA on January 20, 2024. Disappointed and feel I g very ripped off

2  Thank 1bme
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.