“Outbound flight just ok”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I fly VA quite a lot and unfortunately the service is consistently inconsistent I sad to say.
So why do I fly with them you ask ? Because its a direct flight with times that suit me.

IMO the standard of service depends entirely on the crew on that given flight, I've seen some CC absolutely outstanding in Economy but received a below average service in Upper, shame really as the standard of service should be consistent in all classes of travel.

1  Thank Kabuta
Write a ReviewReviews (7,442)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having already boarded, due to a faulty door, plane having to be de-iced due to snow and the pushback tug going awol we were 2 hours late leaving. The flight was uneventful. I would recommend you do not take the chicken pasta bake, it was a glutinous mess. The rest of the lunch was typical airline food. The choice of films was limited. One good point is that there is a USB port next to the tv screen for charging phone or iPad.

The return flight, on a different aircraft, left on time. There were 100 films to choose from. This aircraft was not very clean. The fold down tray was dirty and had to be wiped and there were sweets on the floor. The breakfast was a soggy croissant filled with cheese.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'd never flown with Virgin Atlantic before, nor traveled to the Caribbean. We managed to purchase Extra Leg room going out but Extra Leg room was fully booked on the way back. I think this was £40.00 on line. Flying long haul in Economy can be hell with any Airline. I felt the staff genuinely do their extra bit to make you feel more comfortable, I can't fault them at all, and there was no short of drinks & snacks avaialble especially on the way back. I wouldn't say the seats are any better than any other airline, as I don't fly that often, esp long haul. The seats hardly recline and you don't get that much leg room (if you don't purchase extra leg room). Of course I would love to upgrade and Premium Economy or First Class. Out of my Price range. But the Virgin Staff are the very best at what they do. Aircraft was an Airbus A330 - 300

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

the airline is very good but we were not told we had a pre check booking!!! as we found out to late coming home we could have gone through customs without having to Que! on both sides, probably our fault for not checking the tickets ! but someone reminding us would have been a great help.
the airline is very accommodating and helpful in parts but the seats are very cramped and its difficult to eat your meals,
meals!!! on the way home we had meat balls and spaghetti ? meat balls were under cooked and horrible the spaghetti was very dry ? my wife and i never ate ours nor did the man sitting next to us so not a good mark for the food.
cabin crew!!! not very helpful i had asked on more than one occasion for some drinks but they never came AT ALL just a drink with the meal !

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The seats are comfortable and the staff are superb, both ground staff and air crew. The cabin crew were polite, friendly and helpful.The food wasn't great, but then it never is on any airline. Loved the ice lolly handed out during the flight.
Our baggage was damaged on the flight home and was dealt with immediately, in the baggage hall. A new suitcase was handed over there and then. Unlike another airline we flew with in September who refused to accept any responsibility for the damage they caused to a piece of outsize luggage and its contents.
Still our airline of choice.

1  Thank Karen S