“very good BUT?”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

the airline is very good but we were not told we had a pre check booking!!! as we found out to late coming home we could have gone through customs without having to Que! on both sides, probably our fault for not checking the tickets ! but someone reminding us would have been a great help.
the airline is very accommodating and helpful in parts but the seats are very cramped and its difficult to eat your meals,
meals!!! on the way home we had meat balls and spaghetti ? meat balls were under cooked and horrible the spaghetti was very dry ? my wife and i never ate ours nor did the man sitting next to us so not a good mark for the food.
cabin crew!!! not very helpful i had asked on more than one occasion for some drinks but they never came AT ALL just a drink with the meal !

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (7,470)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The seats are comfortable and the staff are superb, both ground staff and air crew. The cabin crew were polite, friendly and helpful.The food wasn't great, but then it never is on any airline. Loved the ice lolly handed out during the flight.
Our baggage was damaged on the flight home and was dealt with immediately, in the baggage hall. A new suitcase was handed over there and then. Unlike another airline we flew with in September who refused to accept any responsibility for the damage they caused to a piece of outsize luggage and its contents.
Still our airline of choice.

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I flew out economy as it was daytime (though I purchased seats with additional legroom) and flew back premium economy as it was an overnight flight. Both flights were as good as you can expect with friendly helpful staff. The meal was what it was, typical airline food, and now having had a taste for premium economy, I think I would generally choose to fly this.

The film selection was excellent and up to date, with many films that had recently won awards at the Oscars.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Ian C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having flown Virgin a few times I have a bit of a handle of the people on board.
I do have to commend the crew especially Jonathon and also Mariam who were just fabulous people to chat to.
In fact all the crew make you welcome which is always good for the airline.
I will always fly Virgin to the states and it’s unfortunate that Virgin holidays are not as good as I lost 2000 pounds on flights as I had to abort one once due to floods in Sri Lanka.
I will never use them again but will fly Virgin anytime.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We flew on an old A340-600 that was falling apart on the inside. I had to allow the person sitting next to me sit on my foot stool to and 175lbs and my shoulders were hitting the side walls of the coffin style seat. The tight panels are just over should height, but low enough you see everybody in the cabin. Zero privacy. You face the aisle with your back against the windows. The menu that was printed did not match what was offered by the crew. The food was no better than average airline food. Service was inconsistent and crew seemed frustrated and unorganized which matched the boarding process. The sad thing is that Virgin has decided to keep this same style of coffin seat on its newer aircraft. I’ve never met one person who likes it in comparison to what other competing carriers have to offer. The only positive thing about the trip was the Clubhouse at Heathrow T3. We flew on an A330 on the way over in Premium Economy and I’d take that over Upper Class any day. Seriously.