“#1 WORST AIRLINES IN THE WORLD!!!!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked a flight many months ago sitting next to my wife with seats reserved next to each other. The day before they split us up on opposites of the airplane. When I call to resolve it Alex hung up on me and so did Glenda a supervisor. This is the world's worst airlines!!!! Any other airlines is better. On the way to Kona the flight service was the WORST!

1  Thank SAS4USA
Write a reviewReviews (50,963)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was on flight UA 1015 from Cancun to Houston. We were scheduled to depart at 12:45pm. The flight was an hour behind, so we ended up taking off at about 1:45pm. The boarding was on time, but we sat on the tarmac for about an hour. There were no updates or communication from the team to notify the passengers of what was going on. This was extremely frustrating. The flight attendant on board was talking about the passengers in a negative manner where the passengers could clearly hear her (we were in the back row) so we were extremely uncomfortable listening to this type of language. It was such aggressive language it really bothered me. She was stating how she had to “babysit” the passengers and was complaining about how people were up out of their seats when they were not supposed to be. I understand how this could be frustrating as a flight attendant. However, instead of expressing her frustrations to her co-workers in a very unprofessional way, she should have made an announcement in a professional manner. This stunned me!

We arrived late to the airport in Houston (at the fault of United) there were no outside conditions that prevented the flight from being on time. Our flight to Omaha was scheduled to depart at 4:50pm (flight UA 6109). We ran all the way through the airport and made it to the gate at 4:43pm. When we got to the gate the door was still open. We saw a passenger enter the jet way to the aircraft. Maria Tusa (IAH Airport) was the representative at the gate. She was not empathetic with us (we were sweating and just ran across the entire airport to make our flight) and stated that she took us off the flight already and she was off work so there was nothing she could do. She was very rude and didn’t provide us with any additional information. We watched our luggage get on that plane and the plane was there for about 10 minutes before it left.

We went to the customer service desk after this. There was a long line and three customer service representatives. Two must have gotten off work, or went on break because half way through the line there was only one representative assisting customers. J. McConnell was the customer service representative who helped us. This was probably the WORST customer service I’ve ever experienced. I almost cried after my interaction with her because she was so condescending and disrespectful. We asked about getting on the next flight and we were able to get on standby. They gave us a $20 food voucher, which is good for about half a meal in the airport and a hotel voucher in case we didn’t get on the flight (we didn’t). The traveler I was with wasn’t received the text updates for the vouchers and the representative was getting mad (nothing we could do about not receiving text messages). She had to print the vouchers and it seemed like a giant inconvenience for her to do so. The $20 food vouchers were two $10 vouchers. Nothing was explained to us, and she seemed to think we should just know how everything was supposed to work. We were confused about the two separate vouchers, and instead of trying to help us she rolled her eyes with lots of attitude asked us if 2+2=4? I was appalled. The condescending language and disrespect brought me to tears in the airport.

After getting to the second gate for flight UA 6179 we were informed that it was full and there were not spots for us. The representative at this gate was unable to help us. We went to another customer service desk and we were informed that nothing could be done. The customer service representative this time was empathetic and confirmed that we should have been allowed on our first flight (UA 6109) since the gate door was still open when we arrived dripping in sweat from running across the airport at the fault of United. If we wanted to speak with someone it had to be online. By this point it is 9pm and we have been in the Houston airport since before 5pm, our $20 food voucher got us an appetizer and we went to bed hungry at the hotel since we didn’t have money for dinner, or breakfast. Our flight left the following morning at 9:45am (flight UA 6334) almost 17 hours after the time we should have gotten on a plane. I really hope something can be done about this travel mess. I know United holds higher standards for themselves than the service provided to me today. You can do better. I hope you can make this right. I will never fly United again if this is the level of service. Please, do yourself a favor and DO NOT FLY UNITED.

1  Thank cmattas96
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Don’t fly with United, they are unreasonable and inconsiderate of others, they have zero respect for you or your buisness. Do not donate a cent to them.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have purchased trip for 6 people in February for July. 2 months later, I get an email from United informing me that they have changed flight back time and I see that they have changed all 6 seats that I have booked for the very last row I have two seniors (65+) and two kids ( one of them had recently turned 2) I have called to different agents and they were not able to assist me, finally I have asked for a supervisor and she (Jasmin, ID # V973341) told me that because I did not pay additional money for tickets, I can not expect my seats to be the same that I have chosen at the time of the purchase and the flight is full and she can not do anything. She also said it happened because there was a flight back change ( which I think is a total BS) and more over, she said it was done by automated system and if I want too do anything I should call airport! Really?! Does Unied think that all people are that stupid? I wish and truly hope all United Airlines workers travel for 5 hours with their older parents and toddlers on last row!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My flight from TLV to Los Cabos with stops in Newark and Houston was decent considering the length of the trip and the 2 short layovers.I had the good fortune to be on the bulkhead with an empty seat in the middle for the longest stretch of the flight which made all the difference.

Date of travel: July 2020
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.