“Made up for lost time”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 18 January 2019

Flight was delayed by just under an hour. There was good communication about this though, text and e-mail. The flight was quicker than initially advertised so we arrived earlier than expected.
The walk from the main area at terminal 2 in Heathrow to the plane at the B Gates can take 10-15 minutes depending on the speed you walk, so be aware of that.
It is worth paying to board quicker as well, as the overhead compartment fill up quick.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (38,026)

Reviewed 18 January 2019

All the crew was very nice, and helpful, chek in easy no crowds, plane almost new, bagage delivery fast

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 18 January 2019

I was notified the night before my flight that the second leg of my flight (which was not until the following evening) was going to be delayed because of a mix up in scheduling crew members. I would think that they would have enough time to reschedule crew members in order to make a flight on time. The same flight was then delayed twice more and then announced that it would be earlier than expected. Only to have it delayed yet another time and be much later than originally scheduled. It was a lot of back and forth. I'm sure they were doing what they could, but it seemed very unorganized. To top it off, I was flying with a baritone ukelele and the lady that was taking boarding passes assured me that it would not fit overhead...I assured her that it had fit overhead on a plane smaller than the one we were about to board. She was quite abrasive and eventually told me I could go ahead and try, but she was sure it wouldn't fit. The dispute was a waste of other passengers' time. My ukelele fit just fine overhead and had plenty of room for other bags to be packed around it...

Reviewed 18 January 2019 via mobile

United is the worst airline in the world.

They are inefficient, have no customer service, and only ever succeed in surprising to the downside. With low expectations to start, disappointment is ironically only accomplishment they can claim.

If it weren't for a legacy infrastruction that allows them to get new life every so often by failing completely and restructuring, they would not exist. They certainly should not exist. I swear by Southwest but I am occasionally forced into a mistake by the illusion of convenience.

Reviewed 17 January 2019

I pretty much fly United at lest 95% of the time. They do a good job, not as good as the Continental crews do, but good. I understand that there's going to be some major changes coming for the better. Let's wait and see if they can match Continental service.