“Good rates, average service”
Review of Thai Airways

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We flew with Thai Airways on both our outbound and return flight to LHR.
This is the second time I have flown to Thailand and previously we used Singapore Airlines.

We travelled Economy class and of course the main thing you want to look out for is the price of the airfair which Thai did offer very good rates for in which we could not complain about! Meanwhile after our experience with Singapore airlines was sooo good i wasn't sure what to expect with Thai.

To begin with comparing the two staff seemed much happier on Singapore Airlines. On Thai, staff looked very tired even before we departed! I am not sure if they had had a short turnaround however they all were yawning and their eyes looked bloodshot.
Being cabin crew you should always provide service with a smile. Out of all of the crew i think i saw one person smile. This reflects on their working conditions most definatley and how much they enjoy their job. Even so, people are on their holidays and dont want to be looking at people who have miserable faces.

Getting onto the food, on the outbound journey there was only one dish to choose from and they hadn't even gone round the whole aircraft. Clearly an issue with numbers when stocking the most popular dishes. On the return I had a fish with mashed potato. The fish was nice and flavoursome however the potato looked like yellow gelatin and was disgusting. There wasn't regular drink services and we had a 12 hour flight! i also remember crew coming round with a rubbish bag about once! in between food service. Being in Economy class is cramped enough anyway therefore having to sit with rubbish isn't nice.

I may be being picky however the difference in the details is what really sets airlines apart, even in Economy class. The cold towels were like thin makeup wipes. The ones on Singapore where like flannels and were of much better quality.

Overall, personally i would choose to pay the extra for such a long journey and fly with Singapore again as there wasn't anything that in my opinion Thai beat them on, sorry!

5  Thank Nicolasellers
Write a ReviewReviews (9,539)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My flights with Thai Airways have all been pleasant. The staff are always the most friendly and considerate. The food and services have all been as good as possible considering the circumstances. Sometimes you can get a slightly cheaper flight with another airline when in Asia, but it is never worth the few euro saved, especially when compared with Chinese airlines.
In Airlines, it is very difficult for one company to separate itself from their competitors. Really, the only place you can make an impact in this market is with staff. This is the area that Thai Airways succeeds.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Have flown with Thai often. Check in not so helpful. Asked for a couple of different seats (which were available) but check in couldn't really be bothered to change us. Told us in her view we had the best seats. Otherwise food satisfactory/good for plane food, staff nice and service good. The old Jumbo jets that Thai are flying from Aust to Bangkok are getting a bit tired and could do with a cabin upgrade on the plane we were on.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Myself and my wife recently flew to Phuket return with Thai Airways. While they were good and the food and drinks were good I certainly did get the feeling that us economy class passengers were not all that important to the attendants. Sometimes when the attendance button was pushed no-one came until i could catch someone's eye, which on a 9hr flight is not great.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This was probably the first time I flew with Thai AIrways on Domestic flights since low-cost airlines became popular, but I got a great deal this time (this flight was cheaper than NokAir & AirAsia!) So, make sure to check all your options before purchasing your tickets ;)

Check-in:
I checked in and chose my seats through the app, which went smoothly. At Phuket airport, baggage drop-off is 40 minutes before departure time. I also had a wakeboard bag with me, which can be checked in without extra charges as the weight allowance was under the given limit (normal economy class gets 30KG and I got 10KG extra from my silver card)

Boarding:
it was quite fast, but somehow we had to wait quite a bit before taking off, so the flight ended up being 15-20 minutes delayed.

Seat & inflight entertainment:
It was a new aircraft with personal screen and USB outlet, so you could charge your phone or watch something, but as the flight was pretty short, there were no headphones given.

Meals:
Everybody got a box of grilled tofu salad with peanut dressing on top - I liked it.

Overall service:
There are reasons why Thai AIrways is still on top of world's best airlines and their services are still quite good in general.

1  Thank Tabtim