“Never Again with this pathetic airline”
Review of TAP Portugal

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We made a reservation online and paid extra for seats. At the check-in on our way back the person gave us completely different seat and said that the seats that we paid for were not available. I came back home and called TAP Portugal and the lady from sales diverted me to another line. I remained on hold for over two hours then hung up. I filed an online complaint and it says that a confirmation email is sent but there is none!
The food served was horrible. I regularly fly international 2-3 times a year and never experienced such a pathetic food.
The economy seat will squish you tightly in a limited space. There is no room to wiggle. I was traveling with my family so yanking my elbow a few times into them was not an issue. But I was wondering what would have happened if it were a stranger :(
No way I am flying this horrible airline and will also ask my family and friends to refrain from it.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank LetsTravel T
Write a ReviewReviews (9,088)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

TAP flight to Lisbon, from Miami should have been good, but.....
The aircraft was old and in poor condition, an Airbus A330-200. I paid a premium for an exit row seat. However, the first time I ever experienced this, a TAP employee who was not working on the flight sat in the jump seat and prevented me from the leg room I was expecting.
The exit row seat has a flip up compartment in the arm rest, from which a tray table lifts out. The tray table lifted out, but at a precarious angle, with no support. And the video screen was not able to stay lifted on its own, and to boot, the screen kept shutting off.

The flight attendants response to all this was a very non interested “so sorry”

In summary, poor service, bad seat, poor maintenance.
The saving grace was that flight was on time and meal service was fine, though it was hard to eat from a tray which I ultimately put on my lap.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve never had such a bad expierence with an airline as tap Portugal.

Out of our 4 flights only one boarded and left on time. No information was given to the passengers.

On the long distance flights of 10 hours there was no option of an media-entertainment as the screen would only show Portuguese movies which you couldn’t even start from the beginning. This is not the standard for a 21st century travel expierence.

On the short distance flight our carry-on baggage was being checked in because the flight was fully booked and there wouldn’t be enough space in the head compartments. During the flight we were sitting under plenty of empty head compartments. So in addition to our delay we had to wait another unnessesary hour at the baggage claim.

I will for sure not travel with tap Portugal again.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Every seat was full. Every passenger showed respect for other passengers. The aircraft was clean and comfortable. The staff were smartly dressed and very courteous. We were given a small meal and a drink, which you do not get on British airlines. Not big, but very much appreciated. There was no fuss, straight on and straight off. I found this airline excellently on both occasions during my visit to Lisbon. No complaints.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Flights on time, personnel very helpful and all smiles, light meal and wine (free of charge, for a change) on both legs of our flight Funchal to Brussels.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)