“No complaints!”
Review of TAP Portugal

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Every seat was full. Every passenger showed respect for other passengers. The aircraft was clean and comfortable. The staff were smartly dressed and very courteous. We were given a small meal and a drink, which you do not get on British airlines. Not big, but very much appreciated. There was no fuss, straight on and straight off. I found this airline excellently on both occasions during my visit to Lisbon. No complaints.

Write a ReviewReviews (10,836)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Flights on time, personnel very helpful and all smiles, light meal and wine (free of charge, for a change) on both legs of our flight Funchal to Brussels.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I've been flying with TAP on a regular basis for most of ten years now and it's sad to see the airline plummet to the level of its cheaper competitors. The luggage limit is now far too low. Surely it could match its competitors by restricting luggage to dimensions as opposed to weight, if it persists in going down this road? The inflight food is just able tolerable. Fortunately the staff have remained friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We decided to take a different route to Lisbon this year, flying from Manchester for the first time. The smaller Embraer aircraft (liveried as TAP Express) have 2+2 seating, which seem to have better legroom than the larger A320 or B737.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The build up was good. Smart App, and registered for frequent flyer etc were both good experiences. Then on the night before my outward leg, I received an email saying the flight was full, no cabin baggage allowed, go to the check-in desk and drop off my bag. Frustrating on many levels as I had travelled to LHR the night before, so had to go and buy a padlock for my bag. When we boarded it was clear that the plane was not full, and some travellers had massive bags that had not been checked for size and weight. Chances are if you’re not strong enough to lift your bag into the overhead compartment it’s over 8kg in weight!
The return flight was a shocker. We had been monitoring the flights for the 3 days we were in Lisbon and every day it had been delayed. Security cannot handle maximum capacity at Lisbon so if you’re in a rush you’re in trouble, it took us an hour to get through. When we did take off it was 3 hours late. I had avoided checking in my bag, and as it turned out no one challenged me - result. At LHR our stand wasn’t ready, another 30 mins on the apron and then over an hour for the bags to come through. All in all 4.5 hours later than planned. This was a business trip bought and paid for by the company...if I was paying for this myself I’d choose another airline.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)