“Terrible customer service from Southwest”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely terrible service from Southwest this time. I was flying from San Jose to San Diego on April 10th and our flight was delayed multiple times and finally cancelled after several hours. At some point we were rebooked on much later flight - interesting fact they will give you last priority for boarding if you were rebooked. On the way back home on April 16th our flight was delayed again, so we actually volunteered to be rebooked for sooner flight and arrived to airport from hotel early. This time I went to Southwest desk at the gate to ask if we can check-in our carry on - as we got again lowest priority boarding passes after rebooking. Surprisingly Southwest agent realized that our carry on was "too big" without even making any measurement - obviously we used same bags before and it was fine, but not this time. I was trying to argue this, but agent warned to cancel my boarding pass if I would not pay. So we got charged 2xUSD125=USD250 at the gate, just because agent decided to do so. I really think Southwest does not care at all about service quality they provide.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overbooked flights and then delay after delay. Absolutely disgusting! Zero communication and terrible customer service. I’ve never been on a flight with Southwest that’s been on time.

Who pays for the extra bill of paying to park? Of course the customer. Screw the customer as long as you continue to make your money you don’t care.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rude at check in. The check in agent was patronizing and impatient and she behaved that way on purpose to give herself a sense of power.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I really use to love Southwest Airlines but lately they can’t seem to get their act together. I’ve traveled with my family several times in the past 6 months and every single time our flights have been unreasonably delayed!

Reviewed April 15, 2024

The pilot on this flight was very nice!
His jokes were funny and everything.
But the thing is the flight was very full and their was like no seats left after everyone entered the plane.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.