“One of my fav”
Review of Singapore Airlines

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

One of my fav airline, dedicated service, great meals with great inflight entertainment.

Arrival on time with minimal discomfort during flight.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,165)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The flight experience was very good, excellent service comfortable with good food, drinks and in flight entertainment

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The ticket was averagely priced with a stopover in Singapore, which I did not mind as I have never been, in fact, on the way back I planned to stay over for 2 days to explore the city a bit...
The first leg went fine, I bought the ticket via a travel agent online and did not recieve a fully itemised ticket with all details, but I searched online and it seemed to me 30kg was allowed on their long flights, which was the same as SAA for example, so I took that weight in stuff in a big suitcase...no problems at check in with weight, the rest of the flight was fine, everything as normal on these carriers which are all pretty much cookie-cutter, with identical offerings...Singapore airport was ok, wandered around a while, although the wifi signal was virtually zero, wonder why?
Anyways, the big ruckus started when I tried to check in for the return leg...at JHB Airport. I was told that my bag was overweight by 13 kg and would have to pay a whopping R6500 extra, which is not far off the full flight ticket!!!
I was shocked to say the least and protested to the black smiling lady who was a local, she summoned a Singapore Airline rep, Chinese,very haughty and arrogant, who treated me absolutely dismissevely and with great contempt, even though I showed him clearly that on the inbound leg I flew in with 30 kg, and now I was only allowed 20KG out!!
He demanded the money, R6500 which I told him I don;t have then he demanded in USD, which I told him I dont have, then he suggested I go to the ATM, wtf!!!
At this point I knelt down, opened the case and started to throw various items over my head much to the consternation of the other passengers lined up behind me!!
After a few seconds the arrogant manager rushed over and told me I could take 30kg on the plane but that meant I was still 3 kg overweight!! I stuffed as much a sI could in my already tightly packed carry-on backpack,this time I was 1 kg over but he refused to budge. The last remaining culprits were two bottles of SA wine, which cannot be carried on anyways...one bottle had to be left behind, which pissed me off even more, I tried to open the bottle to drink it there and then and he threatened that if I do so he won't allow me on the plane for being 'drunk', wtf!!
I told him in no uncertain terms I have drunk upto 5 bottles at a sitting and neither him nor anyone in this airport will stop me from boarding,so he marched away...sadly I couldn't find a corkscrew to open the wine and gave it to one of the guards who was very helpful btw...at all times the SA staff were very sympathtic but I can hardly say that for the Singapore staff...when we arrived in Singapore I immediately requested an onwards flight, as I did not want to stay there for the planned two days at all...I was still boiling...I cannot recommend this airline I am sorry...

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Flight was on time and kids were given their goodie bags stuff to keep them busy during the flight. The journey was smooth and comfortable. We have priority as were travelled with the children, youngest was 3 years old. Check in is hassle free.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very comfy seat , very obliging airline staff The only thing that I found was the ear phones provided only one side would work and the noise from the engines was quite bad which affected being able to hear movies .