“Comfortable for a flight”
Review of Philippine Airlines (PAL)

Reviewed 7 April 2016

Had some delays during boarding (around an hour or so), and arrived as expected (late but okay). The chairs could've been comfier, and the crew could be a little more social and friendly, but given the little time we had in the air, it's forgivable. Better to ride on PAL for longer flights next time.

1  Thank KimAyala
Write a ReviewReviews (2,505)

Reviewed 7 April 2016

2 weeks ago I was travelling from Osaka Kensai Airport to Cebu. The staff were so welcoming and friendly. The flight was smooth. I am vegetarian and I did not received that. Overall I had a good flight with them apart from the meal.

On the way back from Cebu to Osaka I had a shocking experience at the Airport in Cebu which you have to be aware. They checked my passport several times and when I wanted to go to the gate they asked me an international line crossing fee(I never heard of that before). I had to pay 750 peso for that. It is not the Philippine Airlines fault but I think it is so unfair with international travellers and no other place to write.

1  Thank anikodp
Reviewed 5 April 2016

So close and yet so far. With a little bit more effort and attention to detail PAL could be a much better airline. The planes are tired, and yes, there are new ones on order, but it shouldn't mean that the ones you have now should look shabby.
But its more than that, a good airline is not just the planes, its the cabin crew and the service, its the food offered, its the on-board amenities, the check-in, and so on.
I found the cabin crew to be the antithesis of your usual Filipino, they lacked warmth, they lacked smiles, they didn't seem to care.
The food was simple, and not all that exciting. No bottles of water are provided as in many other airlines.
The streaming in-flight entertainment is ok, and had no issues with this. There appeared to be less lavatories in the plane as the queues were always long.
The legroom seemed much tighter than other airlines, and the seat width seemed narrower.
Check-in was ok, doing an online one sped things up.
New planes will not make PAL a 5 star airline which is what their news release is saying they are aiming for, they need to improve the other areas too, or they will simply be a 4 star airline with new planes.

1  Thank MelbourneTravelmad
Reviewed 5 April 2016

We had or company trip last February 2016. Ever since, they are always into PAL while it was my first time in this airline for we usually choose other which is low-cost.
Well, all i can say is from now on, we will always choose PAL :D
Their service is great and their flight attendants were nice & accommodating.
We really had a nice flight...will always flight with you guys :)

1  Thank cezian
Reviewed 3 April 2016

I had good time again with PAL flight to Cebu. The crews were very accommodating. The seat cabin was good for me. I like the offered snack as well. Nothing is the thing that I like least.

1  Thank Aleckx L