“Feel Safe”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It's not my first time flying with JAL...I just love and feel safe traveling with this Airline. That is why I always recommend it to my family and friends.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,156)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew from London to Tokyo with Japan Airlines for the first time, I have to say I received excellent customer service - very attentive, excellent quality food and drink - although I did find a hair in my meal, but they changed it very quickly - and I love the fact that the seat don't recline but you can amend the chair up and down. Avoids any confrontation.

Cabin crew were always on hand to answer any questions, they were polite, friendly and were very welcoming - a typical trait of the Japanese. I will definitely fly them again as their entertainment system was one of the best I've encountered.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While it was all so very polite, lots of bowing etc. the actual service delivery was just average. For a start, very few of the cabin attendants spoke reasonable English which made communication difficult. The magazine had so many languages that I couldn't easily ascertain how some of the equipment worked. Also the airline seemed to treat their own nationals better than Westerners. It was impossible for us to pre-select our seats and only sterling efforts by our travel agent had us seated reasonably together. another couple was not as fortunate being separated by 4 seats and an aisle.
When one travels in a Premium class it is not much different to walking into a restaurant. I am used to being offered a drink after I board the plane as happens on all of my other international flights. On this flight there was no service for an hour. While this might have been acceptable to a passenger starting their trip at Narita, we had come from Berlin and had been travelling for about 15 hours already.
That said, the actual plane, a Dreamliner, was fine and the seat comfortable. Because flights from Australia to almost anywhere the level of service is so important. To me, and my wife, JAL failed the test. My wife now even wants to fly Qantas, although she has been critical of that airline in the past

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Rex06
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Got a great deal on Japan airlines premium econony as a 2 leg flight from melbourne to london. I was excited to see it included lounge access which meant a chance to freshen up in Tokyo
However -even though we booked the whole journey through Japan airlines it was only afterwards we learnt the Tokyo-London leg was codeshare and a British airways flights.
This meant no ability to select seats or preselect meals (which can be done on british airways). It also meant no access to the lounge at Narita -even though we thought we had booked a JAL premium economy ticket because of the codeshare we were not eligible (fun to find out when exhausted after 10 hours flight)
The flight itself I'd have given 4 stars to -great seevice by staff, food was okay, plenty of room in the seat. Would have liked a bit more recline and extension of footrest but that was fine. Got some sleep (would have got more but as with all flights there was a crying toddler)

At least our return flights are all JAL so lounge access is fine.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time flying JAL. I was quite impressed and would gladly fly with this airline again. The service and value were top, I highly recommend this airline.