“Flight change”
Review of Hawaiian Airlines

Reviewed 28 November 2020

They emailed us and changed our flight to 2 DAYS earlier after we had time off from work booked, hotels, interisland flights and car rentals booked, some non refundable. We were forced to book a more expensive trip through another airline. Keep in mind Covid testing needs to be scheduled with the flight dates. I asked for a voucher to offset the difference and was told flight changes are part of the risk of booking with them and they don't offer compensation. So warning to anyone thinking about booking with Hawaiian Airlines expect to travel on their timeliness not yours.

Date of travel: November 2020
3  Thank Melissa C
Write a reviewReviews (7,672)

Reviewed 19 November 2020

Best airline ever! They offer awesome service and the comfort on the flight was very suprisingly comfy compared to other airlines i've flown on

Date of travel: January 2020
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 18 November 2020

We did like the staff; friendly/polite without being that super fake overdone gushy kindness. The biggest issue is that it was a long flight so we bought inflatable footrest beds for our 2 small children to help them sleep, and apparently Hawaiian Air doesn’t allow them now? SO disappointing. Parents all of the flight were made to deflate and stow theirs. A poor mom flying alone with her 2 small kids looked so overwhelmed. We were told before that as long as it was in a window seat we could use them, so we were upset to now be told otherwise. It felt like we were getting targeted and our kids suffered because of it. So, sorry to everyone on my flight that had to hear my 1 year old sobbing. He was trying really hard to sleep, it was just too difficult to get comfortable.

Date of travel: November 2020
1  Thank leannsan
Reviewed 7 November 2020

This review is overdue. I just saw a bunch of ads for Hawaiian Airlines and reminded me about the one and only time I flew with them. I usually fly Southwest, but I flew Hawaiian Airlines with my mom, dad and husband in January 2019 from San Jose. They were the only airline at the time with direct flights from San Jose to Maui, and for a reasonable price. The check-in and flight were fine, but I really came here to vent: the flight was about a third or half empty. My mom and dad were sitting a few rows away from my husband and I. I asked the flight attendant if my husband and I could move seats to be behind them in one of many empty rows and they said no! Honestly, it was flabbergasting and I was really caught off guard by their lack of accommodation. The seats remained empty the entire flight. Now, Southwest now has direct flights from San Jose to Hawaii and obviously when there is a choice, it's easy to pick Southwest over Hawaiian any day.

Date of travel: December 2019
    • Seat comfort
    • Legroom
1  Thank M199YLmeganr
Reviewed 24 October 2020

I received notice that our flight information has changed. It wasn't the first time I've flown and info had been changed, I was expecting the flight to leave maybe a few hours later but to my surprise, the flight was scheduled an entire 2 days later. The issue is we will now be landing after the call time for our hotel pick-up to take us on our non-refundable NYE cruise. We have to try and arrange our own transportation and will be missing the first 3 - 4 hours of our tours, the lunch buffet, and the NYE party. Been looking forward to this since June, be sure to not leave the house unless necessary, and practicing good hygiene and distancing to ensure we are cleared for travel, only for Hawaiian Airlines to drastically change our flights. We reached out to our Air BnB to edit our check-in date and had to cancel as the hose is leaving on the 30th for their NYE plans and won't be present to give us our keys so now we have to find a new place last minute with all the rental fees being inflated. Hawaiian Airlines didn't even offer anything but the chance to cancel for a refund, not a kind of partial refund, no kind of credit or complimentary item or anything. We're missing part of our trip and had to cancel 3 tours, we're missing part of our NYE tour & party, we're having to pay for travel to the other side of the island that was already included in our NYE ticket, and we have to pay additional to find new lodging because our host won't be present on our new arrival date. Such a disappointment all around and they can't even offer anything for the inconvenience, not even wave a freaking checked bag fee. I'm an avid traveler and have never experienced such a dismissal of an inconvenience caused.

Date of travel: October 2020
    • Customer service
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.