“Incredible support and assistance”
Review of Garuda Indonesia

Reviewed 22 May 2018

After a very busy business trip to Jepara we(my wife and our 26 year old son) where early at the airport waiting for our flight. Somehow we missed our boarding call and when they finally called our names we rushed to the plan. All this was rather hectic. In the plane our son resized that his ($6000 expansive) canon camera and his I Phone where left in the waiting room. We then contacted the cabin crew which immediately contacted the terminal. Within 10 minutes and ready for take off the hostes confirmed that the camera and phone where found and alreadybwith lost and found. Then the next day the hostes personally hand carried the camera and the phone back to Bali, contacted us and handed over the lost items. Simply incredible and a very very big thank you to Garuda. We will certainly book and flight this airline many many times over the years to come. Thank you so much. Heinz, Puji and Fabian from Bumbu Bali, Restaurant & Cooking School. Tanjung Benoa, Bali

Write a ReviewReviews (5,544)

Reviewed 22 May 2018

On my trip to Bali I had the opportunity to fly both airlines as I had to make a quick trip back to Perth the first weekend.
Garuda. Had more legroom, was cleaner, searved a nice meal and the option of watching large number of latest moves, tv series etc.we were also allowed up to 30
Kls of luggage. Air Asia however was more cramped ie:less legroom. The Aircraft arrived late and turned around almost straight away, meaning that it was given only a very quick clean. The arm rests have only one button and that controlles the tilt. The meal that I ordered never arrived. I was told that I did not pay for one, yet my bank statement says differently. But looking at what other passengers were served, I didn't miss much. I was also charged for wheelchair assistance which was a first, although I must say the service was good if you ignore the tatty old chair in Bali. They say you get what you pay for, but I compared both airlines prices and when you added on the meals, drinks ($8 for a small beer) and baggage to Air Asia prices, there was very little difference. Also with Garuda you do not have to listen to the Captain forever advertising his meals and drinks over the speaker system.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Departure times are excellent, luggage allowance is massive and food on board was great. Hostesses are lovely.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

This was the first time i actually liked a flight. The food quality was above average, the staff was very nice and helpful, and boarding was pretty quick. The in-flight entertainment has quite a few new movies on it, so that made the long flight a lot better for us. Also, we were in economy class, but since we had a 4-hour stop in Jakarta, they let us wait in the business lounge.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Very good flight from Amsterdam non-stop to Jakarta. The service on board is very good and the cabin crew very friendly. Food on board is also very tasty!