“Garuda v Air Asia”
Review of Garuda Indonesia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On my trip to Bali I had the opportunity to fly both airlines as I had to make a quick trip back to Perth the first weekend.
Garuda. Had more legroom, was cleaner, searved a nice meal and the option of watching large number of latest moves, tv series etc.we were also allowed up to 30
Kls of luggage. Air Asia however was more cramped ie:less legroom. The Aircraft arrived late and turned around almost straight away, meaning that it was given only a very quick clean. The arm rests have only one button and that controlles the tilt. The meal that I ordered never arrived. I was told that I did not pay for one, yet my bank statement says differently. But looking at what other passengers were served, I didn't miss much. I was also charged for wheelchair assistance which was a first, although I must say the service was good if you ignore the tatty old chair in Bali. They say you get what you pay for, but I compared both airlines prices and when you added on the meals, drinks ($8 for a small beer) and baggage to Air Asia prices, there was very little difference. Also with Garuda you do not have to listen to the Captain forever advertising his meals and drinks over the speaker system.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,255)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Departure times are excellent, luggage allowance is massive and food on board was great. Hostesses are lovely.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was the first time i actually liked a flight. The food quality was above average, the staff was very nice and helpful, and boarding was pretty quick. The in-flight entertainment has quite a few new movies on it, so that made the long flight a lot better for us. Also, we were in economy class, but since we had a 4-hour stop in Jakarta, they let us wait in the business lounge.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very good flight from Amsterdam non-stop to Jakarta. The service on board is very good and the cabin crew very friendly. Food on board is also very tasty!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I used to fly with Garuda, for both business and leisure. Latest was using Garuda to Bali with my family and 2 toddlers.
I booked flight with A330-300 airbus type, really convenient seats, nice food (standard), and importantly good services from stewardess. The flight are always ontime.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
    • Value for money