“Service Crew Seemed Clueless and Undertrained”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was shocked at how undertrained the service crew seemed, at one point a father stood there with his son right as we started to taxi, his nose bleeding all over the floor and the stewardess yelled at them to sit down, I was on the bulkhead and told her to just grab some tissues out of the WC and she froze, a guy beside me gave him a tissue, the stewardess was still saying sit down, we can help you!
Otherwise the service was slow, pickup of trash was even slower and the attitudes were as if they were doing us a favor.
I fly typically business class but this was a gift so I did not complain and did not buy an upgrade.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (32,044)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Every time flying with Emirates, i am so much impressed about their proper service, board attendance and variety on food and drinks. They are prompt and gentlemanlike.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Emirates has always been one of the best airlines around. Unfortunately in the last few years they went back a lot. The food quality is not as good as it used to be (even the special meals). The crew (even though they improved again lately) is just passive and sometimes feels like they have zero experience; I did read a few articles in which Emirates has been accused multiple times of being borderline with slavery when it comes to the conditions of pilots and flight attendants, therefore I actually feel sorry for them. Overall they are pretty good again.
I am giving an average review just because after flying with Turkish Airlines, Qantas and Singapore Airlines, I much prefer flying with them.
The absolutely turning off point (but I think this is more related to Dubai airport, not Emirates in particular, but that's where you've got to stop) is that extra absolutely useless security check introduced before boarding the plane: if you buy water after security you will have to throw it away before boarding the plane and NO ONE warns you about this. My wife is a gold member, we had a glass bottle of water from the lounge and we had to throw it away even though it was empty... just because it was glass (but then in Business and First they give you a proper sharp razor and nice real cutlery)... a bit weird. I'm sure a terrorist can afford to fly business and mess around with the razor, cans and knifes if he really wants to.

The actual flight, the comfort of the seat, the entertainment are good. Cleanliness of the toilets is average and in two occasions there was no toilet paper (after talking about it with the crew, they apologised and said someone forgot to replace it before taking off).

Would I fly again with Emirates? YES! But in saying that I really hope that they will improve the few points I mentioned above. They are a flag in this business and they have to keep up with the competition (not only with First Class cabins with shower and buttlers, but also with Economy).
Till next time Emirates.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From the moment we stepped aboard the staff were friendly and very helpful. Seating is very good and spacious.The staff provide an excellent service. The drinks are first class and plentiful. The food is adequate. Good entertainment on screen. One of the best airlines.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

20 staff speaking 22 languages - slightly impressed ! Each flight on time , food actually tasted , service impeccable - great choice of films