“Good product, but not perfect.”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I was flying in a business class with stopover in Dubai. On ground service in my departure city (private limousine with driver) and check-in at the airport was absolutely perfect. Long stopover in Dubai was also perfectly organised (private transfer to hotel, hotel and dinner in price of the ticket, private transfer from the hotel to the airport). Business lounge in Dubai is very big and they offer quite good food and many different type of drinks (non-alco and alco). Business class (Boeing 777-300 ER) offers quite a lot of space for legs, but seats should be wider. Seats don't recline to a full bed, which is not very comfortable when you want to sleep. Staff is very helpful and attentive. They offer several nice drinks (alco), juices, smoothies, tea, coffee, unlimited champaign on board, wines and strong alcohols. Food was very good (steaks). Some of the competitive airlines currently offer better seats, I think that Emirates should upgrade their business class interiors too, they are quite old.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (35,612)

Reviewed 9 February 2018

During my said travel, the Inflight experience did not match up to the Emirates standards I have experienced in the past - business or economy.

a. On boarding the flight I requested for warm water to during as was experiencing an itchy throat. The attendant said he would get it once after take off. I belted and occupied my seat. More than an hour in air and I did not get my warm water hence I got up and went to the gantry to get it myself. I was rudely told to go back as they were preparing for service. I went back and had the bottle of water provided at the seats. Fifteen hours in air and until we landed LAX, the warm water was not given. I had to personally go to the gantry each time to get it.

b. My husband and I were both travelling and were given meal menus. We gave our preferences but during service, my husband was informed they could not give him the meal requested as they had run out of his preference. Further, while the adjacent seats were offered warm breads, we were not. My husband called for it and they said they ran out of Garlic Bread. The crew was amazingly and shamelessly blatant.

c. I am a teetotaller and am very fond of my Tea. I like to drink a lot of water and tea when on a flight as hardly can sleep. The Inflight Attendants were getting irritated with me when I kept going to the gantry for water and tea. At the seats its only one bottle of water that is provided. Does Emirates expect that the pax should make do with that 200ml of water at the seat?

d. While we were at the bar having a tet-a-tet with the other pax, the attendants started serving soup. They asked all other pax if they would like to have soup but left us out. Ignoring this, I went up to the attendant and asked for soup which was Clam Chowder. Not realizing that it could have shellfish to which I am highly allergic, I asked for it. She said "go back to your seat and I will get it". Although she was correct but her tone was very rude and aggressive. No sooner I had a spoon of it, I realized it had shellfish as my allergies started building up immediately. I called for the attendant and said I could not have it as am allergic to shellfish. She was EXTREMELY LOUD & INSULTING and told me "You should have known that Clam Chowder is only seafood. If you had allergies, why did you order". I repeatedly apologized to her and folded my hands requesting her to stop. Pax on other seats started looking at me with amusement. My husband seated two seats behind could hear the entire conversation and also reprimanded me for getting insulted like this as we also had our business associates on the same flight and they too heard it.

After the above, I refused any service or meals and expressed my discontent to as passing by Attendant who was the supervisor. He did apologize at the end of the flight (just before landing) but the damage was done. Our respect compromised by the extremely high-headed arrogant Inflight Attendants who surely discriminate between pax.

5  Thank Lali S
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Steady flight, The flight crew is warm and welcoming, the Safety, the steadiness of the flight while on course to destination. The food is tasty and great.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

The service was excellent from start to finish, the in-flight entertainment was superb and the meals were of very high quality.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Their planes are very modern and comfortable, with all the latest technology. We had the luck to do the first leg of our flight on the new Airbus A380, which is an amazing plane and very comfortable to fly in. The young international crew are very pleasant and educated, however, they are very badly organized when it comes to serving the meals. Our first leg from Madrid to Dubai left at 22:30 and it was nearly midninght when they served dinner. We arrived at Dubai early in the morning and to my surprise....no breakfast was served before arrival (they did serve breakfast on the return flight from Dubai to Madrid, although it was very poor and tastless). They only come passed once with tea and coffee and because they are so slow in serving the meals, it means you are in the middle of your meal when they expect you to have your hot drink (well, it would be cold by the time you are ready to drink it). When you call them to ask to be served said hot drink, they tell you that you have to wait until they collect everyones trays before they can bring it. I understand it is a very big plane with many passangers but there is no excuse (apart from maybe needing more staff for such a big plane) for them to be so slow in serving the meals. It would even be better for them, as they would get that out of the way quickly and they could rest whilst the passangers sleep (specially on night flights like the ones we did). The second leg was on a smaller airbus and they were just as slow, so it seems it is not so much about the size of the plane and passangers but that they need to revise their way of organizing it. On all the legs Madrid/Dubai; Dubai /Yangon; Yangon/Dubai; Dubai/Madrid, we experienced the same. It is also very annoying on night flights (our flight from Yangon to Dubai left at 2am), as you want to eat and get some sleep.
Another thing I was dissapointed with was the cleanning of the toilets. The crew do not clean the toilets regurlarly so, as the flight progresses, the toilets get dirtier and dirtier, to a point you have to think if you really want to go. The floor was putrid, the washbasin full of paper and dirty. I have flown with Asian airlines a lot and they clean the toilets constantly, which is much appreciated.
Overall, it is not a bad company to fly with and I probably will fly with them again but they have things to improve. If you compare them with Thai or Singapure airways, they have a lot to learn from them.

1  Thank Noelia V