“B777 club class inferior to the A380”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

I have had 4 long haul flights on A380. Brilliant aircraft and Emirates are a great airline. I recently had 1 medium sector in first class and 1 in club on the B777ER. Both those flights spoiled by poor cabin and seating design? Getting into and out of seat is awkward. access to pockets difficult. Bed movement strange. Given a choice, choose the A380 every time.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (33,645)

Reviewed 9 February 2018

That was Cairo - Dubai - Auckland - Wellington one way itinerary. I was offered a free night accommodation in Dubai and visa on arrival under the Emirates Dubai Connect program. Actually, it can't be more convenient for an economy trip to have a complementary night for a cool night spent with friends in Dubai. I resumed the longest leg Dubai-Auckland with a deep sleep, and a rich entertainment system. The only problem I faced was the misleading information I received during check-in that my luggage will reach the final destination.
When I arrived at AKL international airport, I left it taking the bus to the domestic airport for my final leg operated by Jetstar. I was surprised at check-in that my luggage should have been collected and I need to check it in again.
So I left the airport back to the domestic terminal; however, of course I could not reach the belt area, so I was advised to head to another office, whom I need to wait for the luggage inspection, then I took my luggage to take the bus for the third time to the international terminal. As expected, by the time I reached the check-in counter again, I did already miss the original flight, so the staff were so kind to re-book another flight after 2 hours, so I just had to wait for that one.
It sounds that Emirates added a sandwich to this last flight, which was well needed after all that running between the 2 terminals.
Thanks Emirates, so courteous staff overall.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 9 February 2018

We try to use Emirates as often as possible as our experience tells us that they are so, so much better than other airlines that we'd rather take an indirect flight with Emirates than fly direct with many others. This was again the case with these flights, lovely chauffeur service from home, excellent speedy private check in, high quality lounge with good food, and that's all before you get on the aeroplane!

Personally I think the business class service on the A380's that they now use out of Heathrow and Gatwick is not quite as good as it used to be on the 777's but the food, cocktails and comfort are still so very much better than anyone else it's a minor gripe. BA, Virgin and all the others really, really need to look at the way Emirates configure their cabins, they are so much more comfortable and genuinely nice places to be. Seats are very, very comfortable, entertainment is superb (thousands of movies including many only just in cinemas) and the beds are places you can really sleep if you want to.

Cabin crew are always courteous and kind, adaptable to your needs (please listen BA!), seem genuinely knowledgable about the food and drink they are serving and interested in trying to make your experience enjoyable. On our return flight we were aware of two members of crew quietly watching and critiquing other members of the crew as they served dinner, pointing out little things like how to present the food better and why they should explain what was on the tray, excellent, if only other airlines would do this.

Recent experiences with Virgin Upper class have been fine, but nothing like as good, and as for BA, I really cannot think what the management of BA think they are doing, service is now so bad I try to avoid them like the plague. Going back to cabin configuration, new BA aircraft seem to have such dreadful configuration of business class that it feels cramped, unpleasant and (in the case of the beds particularly) very uncomfortable.

What's fascinating to us is that Emirates is at such a higher standard, and has been for a long, long time, but actually costs little more than other airlines. Our recent flights were actually cheaper than many others, and the quality of experience is just at another level. In part it's because they get the whole picture, from the moment you leave the house the experience is good, car, check in, lounges, it all works really well so you feel flying is a pleasurable experience rather than a chore. The only time it feels less than perfect is if you are in a city with no Emirates lounge (as in Saigon) when you suddenly realise how good the Emirates version is!

Yes, we have had Emirates flights that were delayed in the past but on both occasions they found ways of rerouting us that meant our trip was delayed by a couple of hours at most, pretty impressive when travelling half way across the world. They also provided help at every step of the way so that both we and our luggage got from flight to flight with minimum hassle, even if it meant rushing us from plane to plane.

One tiny recommendation Emirates, please provide pyjamas as Virgin do, it makes a real difference to be able to shed your clothes and be in a different outfit to sleep.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Superb in all respects.Spacious cabin,comfortable flat bed ,great food and attentive helpful staff.In-flight entertainment was unbeatable and together with on-time departures and arrivals it was our best air travel experience to date.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Although I live in Abu Dhabi, and it’s 90 minutes drive to Dubai, I used EK because it is much cheaper to fly than Etihad , when Airport is only 15 minutes away from me.
The flight was very comfy , stewardess are very courteous and serve you with a smile
Another difference is the entertainment movies , on EK they never switched off before landing, but on Etihad, they switch it off like 45 minutes before landing and don’t even switch it on during takeoff , but on EK it’s more convenient for long flights