“Lack of communication and unhelpful staff”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were delayed on the tarmac for 1 3/4 hours with very little communication.
I vomited due to turbulence very early on in the flight and one of the female attendants asked me several times what I wanted her to do about it! I had to ask her several times for a cloth or towel to clean myself and my clothes but she failed to understand or want to help. Luckily a male colleague came to my aid and managed to help without any fuss.
I had to wait for 2 hours before anyone came to take away the bag of sick or to give me a clean blanket. Very disappointed.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (33,477)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Booked a flight on Delta for the first time in a couple years. I used a travel website... but was informed I couldn't choose my seat until after I paid. So, after I closed the deal, went to the Delta webpage and was informed I would receive my seat upon check in... really? I want an aisle seat...I don't care if it's all the way in the back of the plane...I'm a bigger guy and being put in the middle or the window is not a good idea... I've learned my lesson, Delta is now my last resort for flying. And other than Frontier, I can't think of a worse carrier.

1  Thank Sharpinvestments
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I hadn't flown for several years, and things have sure changed, most notably in the economy seats. I am 5'10", and my knees were touching the back of the seat in front of me for the entire flight. Each time the person sat down or adjusted themselves in their seat, I felt it. I found it barely tolerable for the duration of what was just under a 3 hour flight. I was delighted to alight from this plane. The whole space issue detracted from the rest of the flight experience, which now means minimal talk from the pilot (in the old days, they pointed out landmarks and sounded friendly) and the basics from the flight attendants (safety presentation, beverage and snack order taking, nothing on where baggage would be). No problems with my baggage, which was taken off the carousel before I arrived from the long jaunt in what was mostly an outdoor, but pleasant, day.

My check-in experience was a learning curve as well. My friend's flight left a few hours earlier than mine, and I learned that one can't check in until 4 hours before your own. I cut myself and the staff member didn't flinch; with no bandage, I did my best to stop the bleeding. They also didn't tell me what I could do ahead of time. Because I was too early, I got to sit at o-dark-hundred and was fortunate to have reading material including a phone. When I returned at the requisite time to check in,

I learned my lessons of today's flying: fly while I'm younger, only to the destinations I really want to go to, go to the farthest ones first, and pay the extra for more legroom: it's worth it (until they jack the price up too much).

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I booked a trip to PARIS using Delta and unfortunately could not take the trip due to family illness. I had to cancel the trip hours before we due to leave. Delta has in a medical wavier on any purchase ticket without and penalties. Just a class A airline.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

As seniors, my wife has developed significant hip problems. Recognizing the hours of flight time, I opted to upgrade to first class. The move made for a fair more enjoyable, comfortable flight for my wife, going and returning. We usually fly Delta and appreciate the attentive and on-time service. With the added cost to upgrade the fairly tasty meal and couple of cocktails, were however, probably the most expensive we have ever enjoyed. But, for our travel needs, the additional comfort and easier seating made the trip, and vacation, ever so much more pleasant.