“Great little no frills airline!!”
Review of Cebu Pacific Air

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This airline is fine for short hops, easy to buy tickets online or at their office in HK or various offices and agents all over Philippines,and they are quite flexible and will allow you to change flights, store them etc, in general helpful and friendly staff. Planes are smaller, and it is no frills but they have often given me an aisle seat once they noticed I am quite sturdy of build!
Must say the staff on the planes are friendly, smiling,kind and gorgeous!
If you want any food or drinks u need to pay for it yourself but as it is short flights I never had the need for that...They are also very convenient with many connections and often very cheap flights all around Asia...recommended...

1  Thank folanke
Write a ReviewReviews (1,715)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Things go wrong. That’s life, I can accept that.

A company you are paying to use being disorganised, rude, lying - are uncaring with zero customer service and laughing in your face when you’re desperate, I will never accept.

The people working there just want the monkey off their back and will lie and push you onto someone else because they simply cannot be bothered. From what I have read the airline is a shambles so every disgruntled customer is just a number to them, hence zero concern.

To our detriment we booked Cebu Pacific from HKG - CTL (Boracay) with a 2 hour layover in Manila. We were due to get into Boracay at 5.30pm.

Separately we spotted the imminent tropical depression to hit Boracay during our honeymoon, yet surprisingly good weather on arrival day so we were excited to catch the sunset from the boat which the hotel lay on as a transfer, we happened to have pre-booked to eat outside in the best restaurant in the resort and were ecstatic to see the clear night forecast for it. This did not happen of course!!!

We couldn’t take off from Hong Kong for 2 hours due to Cebu Pacific not having the correct paperwork!!! What kind of an airline is this.

There was a 1 hour delay from when we checked in which wasn’t mentioned of course, she could see we had another flight with little change over but clearly didn’t want the questions or hassle of finding us a less risk adverse 2nd leg flight.

Looking back we should have questioned the different flight time on the screen at the desk but assumed it wasn’t related to our specific flight.

She was quick to tell us we had to retrieve our bags in Manila though, to check back in for the next flight! Ive been in transit several times and have never heard of this, it’s always been taken care of.

Once at the boarding gate the man assured us we still had a whole hour in Manila which is plenty for a domestic flight. For the record, regardless, it wouldn’t have been enough, it later took us 45 mins to retrieve our bags alone.

The new take off time came and went and everyone was still queuing at the gate to get onboard the plane.

Once on the tarmac we sat for another hour with just one announcement regarding missing paperwork. It was boiling hot on the flight and no offer of water. The seats were the narrowest I’ve seen, I can’t understand how they pass standards.

The cabin crew didn’t care about the 2nd leg of our flight and were full of lies saying the ground staff would hold the second plane for us (laughable) also ensuring us it was likely also delayed or worst case they would automatically add us onto the 4pm flight, which we couldn’t see on sky scanner because it didn’t exist.

When we came to exit the flight I asked the attendant for an update on our flight status/re-booking onto 4pm flight, she said someone was there waiting to escort us so we should leave the plane to meet them but surprise surprise no one was there! They like the others looked at us like another problem passenger.

Long story short it took my husband 45 mins to retrieve our bags whilst I spoke to the check in desk regarding a new flight. First I was told there wasn’t one and the man casually said come back tomorrow which caused a huge panic - being our honeymoon we had paid a great deal for the Shangri La.

He then quickly ushered me to the help desk and ran off. I was told there WAS another flight but not from that terminal. The next flight was full so we could only book onto the one after (4 hours wait) - after all the lies we had been told the woman behind the desk almost pushed me over the edge by giggling away and half helping me in favour of fun with her colleagues, how can you sit there laughing whilst someone has told you the company you work for has caused this mayhem and after being told it’s a honeymoon!

We also had the painful terminal transit which was of course disorganised. The Cebu Pacific bus didn’t fit the amount of people and bags.

We opted to sit on plastic chairs at the check in desk for 2 hours waiting to learn if there were any no shows for the earlier flight but after all that our luck didn’t change as there was only 1 no show.

We spent the last hour in the actual airport of T4 Manila which was chaos. More like a sports hall than a terminal with very few seats. We should never have been in that terminal in the first place!

Not ONCE did anyone from Cebu pacific apologise. Just lies and laughter apparently!

We arrived at 8pm in pitch black, missing the only chance of a beautiful sunset/clear evening all because they didn’t have the correct paperwork, which was worse than anything.

We knew the tropical depression was hitting the following day for the 4 days we had in Boracay. The experience itself of being messed around and lied to was mortifying. It took us 13 hours to get from Hong Kong to boracay. In short this airline ruin people’s trip of a lifetime and have zero care in the world.

2  Thank Truffleme13203
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was on the 1225 flight 5J-580 from CEB-MNL. I checked Google Maps and the route to Mactan-Cebu airport was red a lot of the way – so I left early at 950am, as I like to arrive early and travel stress free. I arrived at the airport at 1045 and as I got out of the taxi, I received a message – Flight rescheduled to 1540pm. I had chosen an earlier flgith to avoid rush hour on Friday in Manila.

I went to check-in and when I asked why the flight was late, they informed me that it was because the inbound aircraft would be arriving late. I said NO – give me a proper reason – after much consultation I was informed that the flight was leaving Manila late. I gave them a hard time. Don’t give me stupid reasons – when airline services fall short there should be law saying they have to give you the real and truthful reason.

They gave me two options – book on an earlier flight at c.1330pm – but it was full, so they told me I would have to go standby but it was unlikley I could get on – but I had to cancel my old ticket (why?). When I asked if I could cancel and join another flight with a different carrier, they said that they would help me get on an earlier PAL flight. I went to the PAL office – but the next flight that had an available seat was at 1430 – and was expensive. So for the sake of 1 hour, I grudgingly stayed with Cebu Pacific.

At 1451 – Cebu Pacific then announced that they were distributing lunch boxes to delayed passengers on this flight – I assume that they intentionally waited until everyone would normally have eaten lunch so that they wouldn’t need to distribute too many, even though they knew that the flight was delayed by over 3 hours since before 11am. I had already eaten.

At about 1400 the new 1540 flight time changed on the flight board to 1555 – and as time progressed this departure time went by. At 1600 I sought out a Cebu Pacific staff and asked what the hell was going on and would we actually fly today? They informed me – even though a 1555 departue was still listed – that the incoming aircraft for that flight would be arriving at 1630 … but they weren’t sure, so they had not changed the departure time.

We eventually boarded at just before 1700, but sat on the runway quite a while. We eventually landed just after 8pm … and it was madness at Manila airport. 2 hours wait for a taxi … Friday night rush hour.

The flight itself was freezing cold, as Cebu Pacific always is, and since they are a budget airline, you need to purchase a blanket. Another scam.

I will definitely look for alternative options next time.

1  Thank ricky_indo
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Being the only option for us to reach Bali, we were happily not disappointed. Not the largest of planes so dont expect Emirates Business class styling and comfort, but for the price it is a good option.
If the airline could introduce business class and or premium economy on the shorter hauls, this may boost them a tad..

1  Thank Robin_Clare-Talbot
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Cebu Pacific is a cheap no-frills airline but service was terrible. From getting an updated itinerary to checking-in until boarding.

Our flight was at least 3-4 hours delayed and service for the elderly/PWD was so inefficient. They lacked wheel chairs and check-in counters were so slow that even if you arrive 2.5 hours before your flight you'd be at least waiting in line for an hour to get checked in because their self-check in counters were out of order. Even bag drop counters took long given the line I saw.

Their planes were new though so the seats are a bit hard. Leg area was very small that if the person assigned in the window seat would like to go to the comfort room, the person in the middle and person closest to the aisle would stand up to let the person out.

1  Thank aoc827