“It's all too beautiful”
Review of Cathay Pacific

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Full length bed facilities, doona blanket, great food for the body, and fresh baby orchid in a vase for the soul. The movies even have different language choices. Friendly crew.

Write a ReviewReviews (9,358)

Reviewed 9 February 2018

It was an average experience, nothing so special. Crew members were nice and treated well. Need to keep update the movie collections every 15 days since i have watched most of the movies when i traveled from Auckland to Chennai.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Really comfy seats, probably one of the largest I've flown in. It does have a weird compartment to put your feet in which means they get quite hot (just me?) but otherwise the staff and food were fantastic - can't fault it at all.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

I was booked to fly first class but I’m not sure Cathy Pacific had this class on its plane - it was more like business class.
Long flight- no good movies.
Refreshments were average.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

My friend had an upset stomach during the flight and the cabin crew did everything to help him. Brought him water, food, medicine, and checked up on him every hour during our flight.

However, when I asked the steward for water she said no problem and went on her way. She came back and brought my friend food but somehow forgot my water. The next time a steward approached I raised my hand and called out to them but was ignored and walked past. Another steward came to check on my friend and he asked for water, I used the opportunity to ask for water as well. For no reason the steward asked if I wanted hot water, I said "no, regular water". She came back and brought me hot water.

Later on I asked to be moved so that my friend could lay down. They moved me but that's as far as their service went. I was moved to a seat ahead right in front of the kitchen. From here I was ignored 2 more times in plain sight as I asked for water.

My friend is white and was babied and given above and beyond service. I am brown and was treated like trash undeserving of a cup of water.

Cathay is a great airline if you're white or Chinese. If you have some colour on your skin then AVOID at all costs.

2  Thank danielsiddiqui